Chippers -- what modifications

Dean Lofthouse

I think timberwolf have the best no stress quicker than most other chipper.

I think it could use stronger springs and more teeth on the rollers, imagine loads of sharp cone shaped teeth could really grip the wood.

I think 7inch by 7inch would be nice on the timberwolf.

I love the blade changing on a timberwolf a moron could do it.

I would use better quality bearings which you could have greese nipples to keep it lubed up.

I would build it so you could expose the rotor with some sort of hinge on the rotor housing cos i like looking a it haha.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a vermeer 620i. Its old, a bit tatty looking, and i have put a 35hp deutz twin cylinder diesel on it. It is basically unstoppable.

Possible improvements...hard to find any except for age, noise level, oil leak, old technology.....i could go on hahaha

actually thinking about it, a new machine would be lurverly.lol

It hasnt let me down though

yet.:001_tongue:

Seriously though a big wonder hose vacum tube that conects to the cover behind the fly wheel so you can suck up saw dust and it blasts it into the truck.

I did actually once think about doing that, the bandit has a little grill type thing on the flywheel housing that sucks air in when running. I thought about welding a steel tube tube to it so you could connect a large diameter suction tube.

You never know Phenom, next year they'll be bringing it out as a feature

Get it copyrighted Phenom and take a royalty on every one sold!!!!

Funny, as when my old boss first got a chipper in the early 90's he thought about firing the chips straight into bags to sell.

I said it was a waste of time cos it would it would obviuosly shred the bags and I was not going to be the one holding them!

What you need is a capped funnel to decelerate the chips so they fall into the bags, and pointed to the one on the roof of the woodyard I used to work at that was above the shavings loft that collected from the cyclone.

About five years later Greenmech invented this! It was on one of their leaflets with a machine for councils to drive about and chip hoseholders brash and leave it bagged for them.

Both the above ideas are long invented :wink:

Promark / Ariens / Gravely had the leaf hoover tube and the bagging cyclone attachment back in the '80's.

Like the input tho guys.

How about I build my new chipper incorporating all these features?:001_smile: