Isuzu 3.5t towing....

aaw

Well said! Before my Defender 130 300tdi, I had a Mitsubishi L200 - good on the road in the dry, crap in the wet, useless off road. Parts & servicing very expensive, couples with high depreciation.

The 300tdi, did everything and parts / servicing costs were low. Due to the London Low emission zone, now have a 130 Td5. It never gets stuck, pulls anything and is a multi-ability truck. How many Jap trucks will power hydraulics off the transfer box?! Matt

Sent from my iPad encased in a bombproof Lifeproof Nuud Case

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again! LR vs Jap. It's a love hate thing whichever way you're inclined. But why oh why does every freakin thread end up going on and on and on about landrovers! Even the arb-car thread has been hikacked by the damn things and they're not cars but glorified tractors. Sodding land rovers - hate them with a passion.

One Life - :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

We run 1 disco td5 van, Lc amazon car, 2xhiluxs, 320d bmw, hyundai i10 The Hilux is totally reliable but dont expect it to haul what a landrover does. The Landcruiser is now 14 years old and has only had service parts. The td5 has been good but you can feel it falling to bits as the miles increase. The 320 is a great drive but falls over weekly.

I am saving up for the New Amazon, but that's for pleasure, a defender is purely a work vehicle, a tractor, they only leak oil and break down of you don't look after them, I have had my defender over 10 years and it has never broke down, why, because it is serviced when it is supposed to he and kept up yo scratch

I am saving up for the New Amazon, but that's for pleasure, a defender is purely a work vehicle, a tractor, they only leak oil and break down of you don't look after them, I have had my defender over 10 years and it has never broke down, why, because it is serviced when it is supposed to he and kept up yo scratch

I have saved up for my next one but dont fancy paying 40k for something with 60,000 miles on. The new shape ones hold their value big time. May have to cut my cloth and go for a LC5

I have saved up for my next one but dont fancy paying 40k for something with 60,000 miles on. The new shape ones hold their value big time. May have to cut my cloth and go for a LC5

Hold out for a bit Steve, another year or two and there'll be a lot more to choose from. There still quite a lot of very low mileage old shape about, I might even plump for one of them. After all, I have still got my custom made £3.5k air conditioned dog box for that model, it won't fit in the new shape :lol: