Do you do chainsaw work on your own?

mr_magicfingers

A close friend/cousin/partner dropped down dead the other side of the hedge.

The extreme tool he was using at the time.....draining rods.

I wouldn't think twice about working on my own with a chainsaw or anything else. Except maybe draining rods.

As said somewhere above, play safe and you will be OK. As also said somewhere above, it won't be what you are expecting that gets you anyway.

Look up Baz Luhrmann and see what he says will unexpectedly blindside you at 4pm on an idle Tuesday.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

reading last post just came flooding back some 15 years ago my late father in law was working in wood with my wifes uncle. god rest his sole they were collecting and cutting up wood father in law got in tractor to reverse and saw uncle laying down jumped out and he was not moving this was before mobiles were the norm he ran to road to try and flag down a motorist but thought he was a mad man until a local saw him. by time paramedics got there he had gone had a heart attack.

if they had a mobile maybe. but it brings it back and how having a second person just keeps you not so tense and that you have back up if needed. now with mobiles now help is not far away even if its a air ambulance.

when i was on the powerlines tree cutting you need teams of three , one to tend casualty , bleeding , shock etc the other to get help . so if you are in the woods two of you , phones probably in truck so it dont get smashed , your steming the blood flow because its bad and you cant leave your mate . so who gets the phone then , or gets more help. with just two your still in big trouble . i worked with a guy who is six foot four and 17 stone i wouldnt be carrying him far would i . so on a good note lets just be as safe as we can with what you have at work guys

Prefer having a helping hand for obvious safety reasons and company. But if the money isn't on the job .. Would like to take a crew on every job, as there is plenty people, family and friends all asking me for a job, Only wish I could...