Nice little saw powered sawmill

Timbermcpherson

I'd love something like a Peterson/Lucas mill but can't justify it currently.

What I like about that warrior thing is that it'll rattle out 6x1, 6x2, 4x2 etc fairly quickly and simply and hopefully with a price tag that's a bit more in reach for the more sporadic use I'd give it.

I'd agree with the concerns over fuel usage, but I'm sure there's plenty of tanks of fuel difference price wise between this one and the big version of the Peterson if that makes sense.

I've often considered a logosol but it's the speed that puts me off a bit - this on the other hand looks to have that problem solved.

They give a price of $6200 NZ on the website, which is £3190 according to Mr Google. Saw engine not included.

I like the look of it, I know it's way more complex and heavy than an Alaskan but the small kerf it's taking out is brilliant and gives the saw engine a lot more chance of getting a reasonable amount of wood cut from a few litres of 2T mix. Four stroke sounds sensible, but I suppose the beauty of a big 2 stroke saw is the high revs and high blade speed when direct driven.

It's got the capability of double cutting, so in theory you can knock out 6 x 12 beams as a maximum, not to be sniffed at.

Quite an elegant little beastie all in all

Is it actually practical to use a 4 stroke, with direct drive to the blade and the engine rotating through 90 deg.

Same as a chainsaw surely, engine is either "upright" or completely on its side.

As I lay flat on my back typing upside-down.

Which may be influencing my logical thinking.

Cheers

Marcus

PS

Who is importing?

Anyone?

Is it actually practical to use a 4 stroke, with direct drive to the blade and the engine rotating through 90 deg.

Same as a chainsaw surely, engine is either "upright" or completely on its side.

As I lay flat on my back typing upside-down.

Which may be influencing my logical thinking.

Cheers

Marcus

PS

Who is importing?

Anyone?

So right! that 90 degree swing wouldn't be too clever for a four stroke....

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
These are not that old on the market, look like the ticket for arborists. We have a few big jobs come up where we work our butts off chogging the lumber down to carriable size, might look at getting one of these instead

12" AUTOMATED MONO RAIL SWINGBLADE SAWMILL

Hi

I've got one of these on test in Somerset. Cutting Oak at 6 by 6 inch and with a bit of thought, I've cut a six by twelve inch beam on a double horizontal cut. There's less vibration to do the horizontal cuts in two three inch passes but the vertical return cut powers through at six inches. I use my MS880 as a power head. You are welcome to come and have a look at it in action. 10 miles south of Bristol.