Learning to switch off

A good book helps. Find an author you like and read his/her books for an hour a day, or more if you can.....

Hobby.....Wooden boat repairs, you don't have to sail it just do the repairs and then sell it on to someone who likes sailing not repairing:001_smile:

Try to avoid booze it catches up with you:001_rolleyes:

As has been suggested, walking. Join the RFS and visit some lovely private woodlands.

Bonsai.....I'm learning about that too. There's another hobby.

Just thinking about all the things you can do instead of thinking about work will stop you thinking about work....:biggrin:

Get the GF involved if you can if it's a long term thing.....If not well, that is for you to decide.

Have some children.....Go for four or five, that will take your mind of everything else.......Ha ha ha!

codlasher

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditch the dream killer and sail your own Boat.

Ha Ha.:001_smile:

O a serious note, if you want to work all the time then do it.

When I first started I would obsess and worry then I figured it'll sort itself out, in time you'll realise your hard work has paid off and you can relax a bit more.

Otherwise take the dog for a walk, go for a pint or something.

Mate, dont book so much in, I never work on a weekend, my diary is full, 6 weeks in advance, due mainly to me spreading the work load, but the punters see that I am really busy so book with me as well!

I do loose a bit of business as some want the work done sooner bet thats life. I go away for a week every couple of months as well, its obviously not great for business but I set the answer phone telling people i am away and if ghey leave a message great if not, hey ho.

Spread it out and take a break, you never know whats around the corner, I have been trading 6 years now and life is great.

Mate, dont book so much in, I never work on a weekend, my diary is full, 6 weeks in advance, due mainly to me spreading the work load, but the punters see that I am really busy so book with me as well!

I do loose a bit of business as some want the work done sooner bet thats life. I go away for a week every couple of months as well, its obviously not great for business but I set the answer phone telling people i am away and if ghey leave a message great if not, hey ho.

Spread it out and take a break, you never know whats around the corner, I have been trading 6 years now and life is great.

That's the way to do it , I don't think any self employed person ever really switches of just as I doubt farmers ever switch of.

Call me unproggressive but I try not to progress my business too much otherwise your adding extra strain upon yourself. If you are happy with your lot just keep it at that and try not to chase the Yankee dollar too much- its too stressful:thumbup1:

2 days (Thu/Fri) a week looking after the baby. It ain't stress free, but when she smiles I realise why I want to work the other days! ( and it saves 2 days nursery fees!) It's Thu/Fri that I do my admin & visits (dealers, training providers, friends etc) and the bambino loves it! ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369950359.051777.jpg.54f7a9230e0711855737dc2daf4eff09.jpg

This is us having lunch at Mile Valley Farmers today!

Cheers for the advice guys. I think it all started a few years ago when I had a bit of a hard time with life and I found loosing my self in work helped then it just became a habit.

The Gf just worries about my health and also would just like to spend some more time together.

For example last year ild do tree work 7-4 then jump in a tractor and go silaging till 11-12 at night. And I think I maxed at Something like 112 hours one week.

Not doing that at all this year though.

I'm going to try freeing up a day for my self and shift the work onto others and go on a day out.

Thanks again.

Thanks again

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk

I was once told. Make sure you change out of your work clothes when you get home. It helps with the mental separation between home and work. I have a tidy set of work clothes for going to garden design meetings etc and if I'm having a paperwork day at home I put this set of work clothes on. It helps to put me in work frame of mind so that I am less likely to give in to the distractions and also family know that if I'm in work clothes I'm working so that are less likely to disturb me. Then when I'm finished I get changed and I'm all theirs. It really works for me.

I was once told. Make sure you change out of your work clothes when you get home. It helps with the mental separation between home and work. I have a tidy set of work clothes for going to garden design meetings etc and if I'm having a paperwork day at home I put this set of work clothes on. It helps to put me in work frame of mind so that I am less likely to give in to the distractions and also family know that if I'm in work clothes I'm working so that are less likely to disturb me. Then when I'm finished I get changed and I'm all theirs. It really works for me.

I like the idea ive always thought of it but i like the family bit too it really works.

Been doing some large redwoods this weekend think I have defiantly over done it. Sunday had to stop half the day. Didn't really sleep the 2 days leading up to the job and couldn't eat breakfast been feeling rather sick.

So called it a day on Sunday and took today off.

Did a bit of sailing and lost my wallet when we capsized.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

http://Www.colwoodlandcare.co.uk