Why do I bother?

Pete Mctree

Stop posting its all really boring!!

Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Keep at it, you need some bad posters in order to appreciate the good ones, ying/yang, light/dark etc. Otherwise it would just be plain and banal. No one wants that.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Pete, why DO you bother?:001_tongue:

Many on here are interested to learn the new stuff, or at least try and keep pace with it, there will always be those who choose to wear blinkers, fact of life. All are entitled to their opinion, and by human nature we wont all agree all of the time. Get back to work and stop worrying your pretty little head about it all:playingball:

Pete your posts are alway informative and I for one appreciate you taking the time to post :001_cool:

I think there is often confusion as too whether some thing is a "legal" requirement or COULD lead to prosecution under certain circumstances.

I for one really do not like it when things are stated as "legally required" when there is more too it than that.

If I have caused You too regret a post, that was not my intention :001_smile:

Opinions are like @rse holes every body has one:001_tongue:

Please keep posting:001_smile:

As a very new member and only been in business for a short time. I find it sometimes hard to contribute as I would not want to come across as someone who knows it all. On the other hand, I'm 49, been in the business part-time for 3 years and STILL training and learning. I have my basic CS 30/31 and can climb with some of the best climbers I have met. It is time now for me to get some more tickets, and although I am supposed to have them to climb, fell, prune etc, I agree with others that it is experience foremost that counts, how you complete and finish a job and also, being told by some very experienced climbers that you are good is a great boost.

Keep up the talk!!

Agree with a lot of the posts above. One thing that I have noticed and may be part of the reason Pete feels how he does is that as the site has grown so has the number of members and the diversity of views. Obvious really that as member numbers grow so does the chance of conflict.

Please keep posting Pete. So long as the site does not allow preferential posting/treatment and views expressed are fair/professional/honest it should remain a valuable asset for all of us that use/contibute to it.