best spray for bramble and rhododendron

woodland dweller

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use 250ml Glypho, 150ml of Timbrel and 250ml of fairy liquid (or similar de-greaser) as the adjuvant/ waxy cuticle breaker. That is per 15 litres of water though. But it certainly does the job. 90% success rate.

Your Fairy Liquid is being wasted, there are more than enough wetters/adjuvants in glyphosate. Put 10 ml in an empty knapsack and see if you can squirt a hose in to fill it. The froth will be overflowing before you get your 15 lites in there.

A better "sticking" agent if you feel the need is to mix the glyphosate with an equal volume of vegetable oil. Mix them together before adding to the water.

But as I said, there are enough wetters in the concentrate without all that.

That's Roundup biactiv 360 at 2%, right? I'm using Gallup HiActiv as I don't like giving Monsanto the money. It's stronger so 1.5% for Gallup + mixture B and dye. Saves missing any.

Me too. Monsanto are having none of my money.

You can kill woody material with glyphosate (I have done on sites where they are very strict on chemicals) I am pretty sure it is the lack of penetration into the leaves that means it takes a few goes to kill it.

Me too. Monsanto are having none of my money.

You can kill woody material with glyphosate (I have done on sites where they are very strict on chemicals) I am pretty sure it is the lack of penetration into the leaves that means it takes a few goes to kill it.

Was also reading it's non readily translocated in Rhody so as a systemic herbicide, you've got to overload it, each and every leaf . It's a tough plant to kill, pretty much the perfect competitor.

What's wrong with Monsanto?

They're just pure evil mate, in my opinion. Anything for a quick buck - especially in developing countries.

Was also reading it's non readily translocated in Rhody so as a systemic herbicide, you've got to overload it, each and every leaf . It's a tough plant to kill, pretty much the perfect competitor.

They're just pure evil mate, in my opinion. Anything for a quick buck - especially in developing countries.

I dunno, any large corporation is 'evil', just remember they have done a lot of good where medication is concerned, even if they produced DDT, agent orange and all the other not so nice herbicides.

And if timbrel and glyphosate isn't good enough to kill the OP's weeds, add 2,4-D in for good measure

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I dunno, any large corporation is 'evil', just remember they have done a lot of good where medication is concerned, even if they produced DDT, agent orange and all the other not so nice herbicides.

And if timbrel and glyphosate isn't good enough to kill the OP's weeds, add 2,4-D in for good measure

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

This is not the right thread, but............

Monsanto are most certainly evil. There is a huge amount of information on the internet to back up that fact. Not just GM crops and herbicides.

Monsanto's Harvest of Fear | Vanity Fair

Only a matter of time before their lawyers come to bite farmers in the UK.

EDIT: Found one a bit closer to home

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2007/feb/12/uknews.pollution1

Edited by Jonny69