Warm chainsaw would not start

chainsawMal

Thing is if you ask the Chinks to make a saw for £7.28p they will . If you asked them to make a saw for £700 then the would also . Because every one wants something for nothing and want it yesterday they ask for cheap so the chinks oblige . So it goes around and disappears up it own poop shute ............

your totally right, there good at supplying what people want at any price, people just need to learn its not worh the £7.28!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your totally right, there good at supplying what people want at any price, people just need to learn its not worh the £7.28!

Get your head round this - a carb from Stihl = £100, a complete Chinese saw = £70:confused1:

is there any wonder why they fail....think Andy has hit the nail on the head with his post.

You do get what you pay for.

I would rather do £100 on a working 20 year old Husky Rancher than a £70 Chinese POC....just my opinion!

To the OP - what do you want to learn with the saw? Is it how to use it, or how to maintain it? If it's use it, anything that works well enough will probably do. If it's to take it apart etc. then an older pro saw is probably the best bet. The homeowner saws are designed differently, which makes them cheaper to build but more awkward to work on.

As has been said, not everything that comes out of China is poor quality. In the 1950s, 'Japanese' was a term for cheap tat, as that was what they supplied - consider where they are now. China is developing - many high end global companies now have parts manufactured there at least, and to a very high standard. There was an entertaining position shortly after Omega moved watch production to China. The movements are made in one factory, the cases in another, then shipped to Switzerland for final assembly which allows them to be branded 'Made in Switzerland'. You can buy 'replica' watches for about £200 (c.f. the several £k for the genuine item) - these are copy fakes, rather than bad look alikes. At one point, the factory making the Omega movements was supplying the 'replica' movements from the same production line and the factory making the cases was supplying the replica cases. The only differences between real and fake were that the fake case was a higher grade of stainless, and cost a lot less!

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the parts in a Stihl or Husqvarna are made in China. I would anticipate that the price is made up of the sum of the parts, the 'value' in the brand, and offsetting the real development costs incurred. The first of these is a real potential difference between, say, Stihl and Mitox.

It's quite feasible to build a decent product to a much lower price - Spud quotes the price of the carb from Stihl, vs the price of the Chinese carb, but these are prices not costs. If you price up a carb repair kit from Stihl it could be £20-30. The identical item from Rowena (genuine Tillotson/Walbro etc) is likely to be £5-10. Everyone is making their mark-up on the cheaper one, but someone isn't making a big slice off the top.

Personally, I think the market is ready for someone to make a solid and reliable but not exceptional saw. It would have to conform to emissions regs, but otherwise it could perhaps be a bit lower on power to weight etc. Maybe Mitox are heading in this direction, or will it be Ryobi, or Makita?

Alec

Ok Thanks . Originally they were usa made I suppose but due to cheaper manufacturing costs in the far east production gets moved there . That word again ----cheaper !

Spot on, but it makes me wonder why Toyota and Nissan chose us , especially with our unions and strikes history:confused1: