The last 066

Big Bolt

I heard today from a good source that the 066 is no more the last ones rolled of the line a while ago , so what is out there is the last of the old 066 a new 066? Will be tacking it's place soon due to emissions !!!

HI BOLT so the 661 will be out soon then jon :thumbup:

I heard today from a good source that the 066 is no more the last ones rolled of the line a while ago , so what is out there is the last of the old 066 a new 066? Will be tacking it's place soon due to emissions !!!

:confused1: have I time warped.... :confused1::laugh1:

Your source is spot on, the last 066's did indeed roll off the line a while ago..... 2000 ish.....? :biggrin:

661 already in the shops.....

Edit.... Not the uk yet obviously but plenty working in the states already...

Edited by WorcsWuss

:confused1: have I time warped.... :confused1::laugh1:

Your source is spot on, the last 066's did indeed roll off the line a while ago..... 2000 ish.....? :biggrin:

661 already in the shops.....

Edit.... Not the uk yet obviously but plenty working in the states already...

HI WUSS when was the last ms660 made then 2012 thanks jon :thumbup:

Couldn't say Jon! :laugh1: it's still the 660 & 880 alongside the new 461 at my local dealer.... Do we get German or USA built 660's in this country?

I think a bloke was pulling my leg earlier but he was telling me that Stihl were deciding whether to bring back a more refined, fuel efficient version of their 090 AV called the 901:001_rolleyes: Only time will tell.

Well if they spend a huge amounts of development money years of testing and refinement and redesigning on the new 901 it will just go to show.....

Should have got one of the last 660's if all there recent improvement efforts are anything to go by :banghead:

It's amazing to see how consumer confidence has dropped with Stihl's latest generations of saw.

Personally I loved the 361 so far the 362 has been good but to close to a 261 and nothing like the previous 361 if anything a totally different saw.

The 441 this was a joke.

The 461 though it seeming to be a little gem so lets hope this continues as we give it a good hammering.

Lets not forget Husky is not with out fault to.