The best front mounted chipper for a mog?

MattyF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on it , the rig I have in mind would be pretty handy on most of the jobs we have done this week and im sick of getting stuck in winter or not been able to get on site ,its just convincing the finance company and do I keep the truck and chipper... Incase the mog breaks!

i am glad i kept the pick up and tow behind and just use the mog on the jobs i need it, gives me a back up, yesterday the tp gave me some trouble so i took the tow behind the next day and finished the job :001_smile:

Don't know if its been mentioned by I would not put a chipper on front of a U1200 for multiple reasons.

Do plenty of research on all of it, then do more research or you'll get a very very expensive mistake that you can't sell easily.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

:confused1:Really???????:confused1:

I had a front chipper (Ducker) on my U1200 and it was great, I only parted with it because I wanted the increased payload of the U1600.

I have been running a unimog with front mount chipper for well over 10 years, IMO its the best option for tree work.

IMO, putting the chipper on the rear, adding to the weight of the chip is a mistake, they end up looking like a speed boat and have similar handling characteristics.

I really like the idea of the chipper on the front, means you could tow a trailer even an ifor for taking away timber, saves running two vehicles to the job, that would really suit me on local work. Good thread Matty :thumbup1:

Don't know if its been mentioned by I would not put a chipper on front of a U1200 for multiple reasons.

I am puzzled by this care to expand?, I know lots of reasons why putting chipper on the front is good, fair enough it needs to be balanced by some weight behind, by a crane in our case, and also if chipping onto a towed trailer then the position of the chipper at the back makes more sense, longer drawbar to trailer though, I to have seen the speed boats with chipper at the back, again added weight to the front can help a more level attitude

Working on it , the rig I have in mind would be pretty handy on most of the jobs we have done this week and im sick of getting stuck in winter or not been able to get on site ,its just convincing the finance company and do I keep the truck and chipper... Incase the mog breaks!

I'm glad you said about keeping your rig incase if a breakdown , unimog s ate fantastic but unless you have a new one or spend 50k then be prepaid for a few breakdowns that need to be fixed by some one other that's the local garage , , also unimogs are over kill for small domestic tree work for mrs jones who lives in a small cul de sac , all the best

I ran chippers on the back of Mogs for 10 years, then I put 1 on front, wow it just changed everything!

The machine ran better on the rd, and manoeuvring on jobs was great, you just drive in, point at where you want to go, and your set up, job done.

If you add up all the reversing and manoeuvring times with tow behinds, unhitching, hitching, fuelling etc, it doesn't take long to make your money back.

Whether its a mog, or van, or any vehicle, if you only have 1, then there will be downtime if you have a breakdown no matter if it's a puncture or broken blade, but these things happen.

Matty you have done tree work your whole life, the only reason every tree cutter doesn't have the machine they want is money, plain and simple!!

If you can get the money in place then go for it:thumbup1: