What saw to buy?

TreeAb

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask in your opinion does the 550 out performthe 357??? just really curious there and how does it handle compared to the 357

thanks

Handling wise it feels very similar to the old 242's, very flickable and compact - noticably shorter than the 560 too.

The 357 in comparison feels heavy and cumbersome.

Cutting performance wise, I'm sure it's not going to outcut a 357 thorough a bigger stem, but I reckon it will be pretty close. Snedding heavier limbed timbers it doesn't feel any slower. My 357's have pretty much been redundant since the 550 came along.

It definitely out cuts the 346 convincingly.

Handling wise it feels very similar to the old 242's, very flickable and compact - noticably shorter than the 560 too.

The 357 in comparison feels heavy and cumbersome.

Cutting performance wise, I'm sure it's not going to outcut a 357 thorough a bigger stem, but I reckon it will be pretty close. Snedding heavier limbed timbers it doesn't feel any slower. My 357's have pretty much been redundant since the 550 came along.

It definitely out cuts the 346 convincingly.

Thanks bro much appreciated will have to see if I can acquire one and run it for a bit. Info taken on board

Cheers folks for your opinions, not completely decided yet, don't want to give up on my old husqvarna 254xp just yet.

As has been stated the 254 is a bit of a legend . Had one myself . There are a few on fleabay at the mo . Might be worth a punt , then send to spud for a freshen up ? then you got the devil you know and some !

As has been stated the 254 is a bit of a legend . Had one myself . There are a few on fleabay at the mo . Might be worth a punt , then send to spud for a freshen up ? then you got the devil you know and some !

Your spot on mate and one on there I know who selling it and it in good condition and well worth a bid

Stick with what ya know and that saw will cope with most of what ya need it to and in time add to your tool kit with other saws and as said get spud to tweak em

Never done much to a 254XP, I have had a couple, revs a bit like a 346XP but has more low down torque - damn good saws IMO.

Be an interesting project to see what I can get out of one:thumbup:

This saw must have made Husqvarna a fortune and deservedly so!

HI ALL think a 660 you have it all then from 16"bar to 3ft bar mate job done :thumbup1:jon :thumbup: