good buy

hedgesparrow

went to a farm sale yesterday saw 3 strimmers in a lot two just scrap and a honda stick with its cover missing and pipes out of carb. now having a honda which after 10years had come to its end as shaft had broken and cover on front was worn i though i can get bits off that one and make a good one. so bid and paid £18 got it home put pipes back on filled with fuel cleaned plug and away it went. started to get hot and started playing up knew what that was got a new plug fitted and working fine. 2011 model for £18 plus £3 for plug to buy new £300 plus what a bargain.

now have a very good stick strimmer to go with other honda strimmer.:thumbup:

One of my customers is the owner of a local auction site. he was in yesterday with a Mountfield mower he had just bought secondhand. It had a few problems.

" one you bought at your auction, i suppose?" says me.

"Good God, NO, I wouldn't buy anything from an auction" says he.

One of my customers is the owner of a local auction site. he was in yesterday with a Mountfield mower he had just bought secondhand. It had a few problems.

" one you bought at your auction, i suppose?" says me.

"Good God, NO, I wouldn't buy anything from an auction" says he.

Totally agree with him,most kit in auction is there because its knackered,but on a rare occasion it may be a shed clearance of a dead relative etc

I bought a felling axe, a hatchet and another axe from a farm sale about 10 years ago. Cost about four quid plus buyers premium I think. Axe has had a new shaft but doing well. The beast of the three is the "other" axe. It is made of some kind of wrought steel, including the handle, and short - suitable for two handed operation but only with bended arms.

I was a bit bemused as to the original purpose of it, but when I spoke to my father he put me in the picture - apparently it is an abattoir axe, used for two handed halving of carcasses down the spinal cord when the animal is hung up.

I've used it for hacking at roots and things in the past but this weekend decided to put a pair of wooden wraparound handles on it and give it a sharpen. Photos to follow when I get it finished!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

good buy and with heated handles right place right time. had a no of chain saws at farm sale mostly sthil but nothing less than a £100 at that price and no history bit chancey if they would be ok. shame as have got them before for £30.

but deep pockets no sense doing a lot of bidding. so prices pushed up.still got a pedal grinder. will take some pictures of it now done up and post on heer