need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

May be we should all take in to account that as with all things when new innovations technology etc is introduced there are always problems and glitches (sometimes things don't work at all) Things won't stand still lol the big 3 (well 2 really) will try to push the envelope further and further and we will moan and groan when things don't quite work (I'm as guilty prob more so ).

The hype that is always put out is by it's nature is just that ......they are trying to sell us something lol .......and we being humans fall for it as we always looking for something to work better and faster etc etc etc lol.

Think of when the big falling saws first came out (before my time) some were two man took a hell of alot of effort to get them to a tree etc etc and I know some of the old timers that were around at the time and they have told me that well the moans groans etc were just the same lol things broke didn't exactly do what was written up lol but things kept going.

When electronics came out in car engines lol there were probs but things kept going.

It will be the same with saws and logging lol It won't stop us moaning lol.

Husky are good in general and they'll get it sorted if not they'll ditch it .....doesn't help those who have probs but they usually get there. They have their tried and tested if folks want and not sure then go for them.

That all said I really do have reservations bout the 560 and don't view it as a full on pro saw more a semi pro/ home user saw. I've said before I've seen a saw fly with cuss words following it lol

It all happy days and all in the life of pro woods folk

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I may agree with most of what you said apart from the last bit..

Its interesting husky's approach to releasing the x torque 372 with out auto tune...

I can definitely cut more with a 560 over my 357 and 372 so would consider buying any husky saw with x torque and auto tune now.

Cool buddy my 357 and 372 are ported lol ......I'd suspect no auto on the 372 as it mostly the choice of alot of fallers in their arsenal and if it works then they won't change it lol it is kinda one of their tried and tested.

I guess my view is from different angle sorta most of the guys I have worked with wouldn't look at the 560 for no other reason than the bar lengths it can pull

I fully respect your views and what your experiences with the 560 are (along with others) I just don't think it a pro saw

... if they were that bad, they'd have to do something about it or risk losing sales.
From what I've been reading here and in similar threads, they are losing business. It does rather seem, that once they have that initial sale, they don't really care. Seems they're trading on their name but not backing it up with good, consistent, quality customer service.

I was talking with a 550xp owner the other day. He's not had his 550 very long and it had a bad oiling problem. Dealer fixed it - turns out it had been shipped with an incorrect oil screw.

Selling bad equipment with poor or non existent customer service. One wonders how long Husqvarna are going to stay in business in the UK. As to their lack lustre 550 & 560; reminds me of a Microsoft launch

"Where are we with the new software and when will it be ready to launch?"

"Well there's still twenty major and seventeen minor glitches to be sorted. Then there's ten months further testing to be done on the beta issue."

"Great! So we're still on track for the big launch of the final product next week."

Has Bill Gates bought Husqvarna and not told anyone?

Edited by TGB

From what I've been reading here and in similar threads, they are losing business. It does rather seem, that once they have that initial sale, they don't really care. Seems they're trading on their name but not backing it up with good, consistent, quality customer service.

I was talking with a 550xp owner the other day. He's not had his 550 very long and it had a bad oiling problem. Dealer fixed it - turns out it had been shipped with an incorrect oil screw.

Selling bad equipment with poor or non existent customer service. One wonders how long Husqvarna are going to stay in business in the UK. As to their lack lustre 550 & 560; reminds me of a Microsoft launch

"Well there's still twenty major and seventeen minor glitches to be sorted. Then there's ten months further testing to be done on the beta issue."

"Great! So we're still on track for the big launch of the final product next week."

Husky will not go outta biz lol maybe in the UK they ain't good but back stateside they are ..........if they didn't them they'd have a revolt on their hands lol.........I dunno bout here but back home it is regional ie. some areas are stihl dominated some Husqvarna and Jonsered it depends who landed the dealership lol Husqvarna used to be hq'd in Charlotte NC I think it moved tho and Stihl is in Virginia beach VA

HI MATE i ring husky uk and there customer service is not good at all are they like this with a dealer thanks jon

ive just bought a new 441 and i like it, seams to have more power than the 440 i was replacing, it starts first pull from cold which is fantastic, very unlike my new 550 which seams very erratic to start which is really annoying especially when up a tree. The chainbreak is also smooth and easy to operate also very unlike the 550

Stihl not perfect either .......don't ditch Husky cause of one poss dud

I've always found husky better than stihl, stihl reps are arrogant! When I bought my 236 I saw a husky rep a few months later, told em it was a good saw, could they put metal clutch covers, and a better air filter on the next saw, as plastic cover warped! And lo and behold the 135 is everything requested in a small saw

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi all, just to update you...

560xp went into dealer this morning, apparently it needs a new ignition module, he has lent me a demo 560xp and I've logged up approx 8 ish tonne of oak/ash with it today, and it hasn't missed a beat, maybe mine was just a dicky saw , ??

.. . He has said if it doesn't get fixed this time he will refund me, I can't say farer than that, question is what could I replace 560xp with, im not a lover of autotune, if im honest ,

All in all I still think the 560xp flies, its pokey to say the least but you just seem some horror stories and its making me want to flog or refund it, just saying if its needed new air fuel and ignition parts allready after 2 months what will it need in two years :(,

Will keep you all updated

Josh