need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was looking at one of these the other day and thought about asking on here what they are like. £550 for a 70cc saw is really good. What size bar do you run on it?

20" usually, do have an 18" and 24" kicking around, but 20 seems to be where it's happiest (and I'm quite tall, so it saves me bending so much!)

We have two 560's , one on 15" bar and one on an 18" and I must say we have had zero in the way of problems with them . (Touch wood )

But I've gotta say our old 365 special starts and goes like a train all day , every day , unlike the Stihl 441 and 261 we had , both spent a fair bit of time back at the dealer .

I think the build quality has to be bang on for every day use , and I recon that's why we get bad saws from time to time .

TS

I have used a 365 isn't it just an underpowered 372xp at the same weight?

I've just been lent one by chap I'm helping do some site clearance as my 357xp has died again !! and now the chain brake on my Stihl 028 has broken yesterday, so will see what the 365 is like tomorrow, chap I've borrowed it off reckons their bullet proof and said if I can find one to buy it :laugh1:

For a day to day, general use saw I prefer mine to a 372xp - it's not a screamer of a saw, but will deal with anythng you throw at it until you get into 660 territory. Plus, it's much more suited to cutting firewood than the whizzy little 346xp, IMO

For a day to day, general use saw I prefer mine to a 372xp - it's not a screamer of a saw, but will deal with anythng you throw at it until you get into 660 territory. Plus, it's much more suited to cutting firewood than the whizzy little 346xp, IMO

HI JOSE your right the 660 is a good saw mate thanks jon :thumbup: