new purchase "husqvarna with a difference"

shavey

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you'll that very soon Jonsered is withdrawn from this country completely! And the uk distributor for jonsered is now gonna be able to supply husky to the remaining jonsered dealers.

sad sad sad :thumbdown:

Did you mean a saw for the woods or a "Woods " ported saw ??

Saw for the woods; one of my enduring dreams is to be felling timber with a pro-grade mcculloch; in honour of what was once the greatest name in chainsaws; back in the 50's there were danarms and McCullochs (no stihls and huskies); the latter piston porting invented by Bob McCulloch has never been bettered. I guess the dream will have to stay a dream. But if I was a multi-trillionaire I'd be buying whatever rights and revive the company and make amazing saws :thumbup:

McCulloch made good saws up untl the EPA and some management issues killed them in the 90's(when they basically rebadged other makes saws to try an comply).

141279400.F2WhlyHm.jpg

My 800 easily pulled a 32" bar in softwoods.

Saw for the woods; one of my enduring dreams is to be felling timber with a pro-grade mcculloch; in honour of what was once the greatest name in chainsaws; back in the 50's there were danarms and McCullochs (no stihls and huskies); the latter piston porting invented by Bob McCulloch has never been bettered. I guess the dream will have to stay a dream. But if I was a multi-trillionaire I'd be buying whatever rights and revive the company and make amazing saws :thumbup:

If you were , and did , I would by a yellow one ! Do you remember Remington saws ? :001_smile:

i would buy one too that would be awesome idea :thumbup:

i grew up with a man who is in his late 70's now i can only ever remember him owning three saws

1. mcCulloch 10-10 automatic

2 jonsereds 49 sp

3 sachs dolmar 117

the first two saws he still has wrapped up in a paper bag and then a hessian sacks , both of them are immaculate and they still run well

the sachs dolmar he gave to me when i left school so he is responsible for me liking all the lesser saws, and catching the D bug:thumbup::thumbup:

Perhaps "The D bug" should be a new separate topic, or "Drag out your Dolmars", people only concentrate on the big 2, which can't be a good thing.

I have a Sachs Dolmar 115, that is the best starting saw I have, downside I did have to get AV rubbers from the states.:blushing: it is easy to think that Stihl or Husky are the best, as they are market leaders, but how much of that is fashion driven?

A similar analogy would be the changing mobile phone industry, Nokia who?

Fashions and trends leave many manufacturers by the wayside, I do think Dolmar were a real contender for being the best chainsaw producer.

H-A

Perhaps "The D bug" should be a new separate topic, or "Drag out your Dolmars", people only concentrate on the big 2, which can't be a good thing.

I have a Sachs Dolmar 115, that is the best starting saw I have, downside I did have to get AV rubbers from the states.:blushing: it is easy to think that Stihl or Husky are the best, as they are market leaders, but how much of that is fashion driven?

A similar analogy would be the changing mobile phone industry, Nokia who?

Fashions and trends leave many manufacturers by the wayside, I do think Dolmar were a real contender for being the best chainsaw producer.

H-A

WELL SAID MY FRIEND VERY TRUE

the dolmar 115i was a good saw true the rubbers wouldnt last long you can still buy the 115 have a look on dolmar.com and see what you think

Jonsered top then Redmax/zenoah next best of the husky owned brands & McCulloch the worst one, I reckon.

One comapny four brands some are nearly same saws with different paint, but don't think any McCulloch share models with husky like some in the other regional badges do...

That is basically true!