Partner farmer chainsaw and PPE

John Thomas

Won an auction online for a 14" bar Partner farmer

I make no joke about it 26 quid!

Went to pick it up today and when arrived the boys where trying to refit the starter coil back onto it as it had come out

After spending 1 hour getting the coil back it would not start as spark plug was flooded probably been tipped on its side

Then it stared and the boys cut me some branches to show it worked

They wore no PPE when I asked them do you bother with PPE they kind of laughed and said no

then it ran out of fuel

fuel has been leaking prior to that out of the filler sump they think from being turned up side down

They said they used a 50:1 petrol to 2 stroke oil

Any way 26 quid and I saw it working I handed over the money shock hands and left

So what do you think of this chainsaw and what do you think could go wrong with it next

And what do you think about not wearing PPE with this type of chainsaw

Thanks

JT

Edited by John Thomas

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As regards the saw, if it works and it lasts for a month or two then you could say its worth the money. You pay your money, you take your chance.

But its always risky buying a used saw from an auction.

As regards PPE, I have to admit I dont wear any when testing a saw, but I do ensure the wood is firmly held, that I have a clear work area and a good working position.

I should say the next thing to break will be the recoil spring if it's been messed about with.

I don't 'gear up' to run a saw up after I've been fiddling with it either.

Sometimes I don't if I'm chopping a barrow full of logs either.

But I wouldn't go running round with it revving it without boots & trousers on.

My neighbour gets uncomfortable when I'm on the drive in just pants and slippers.....

File 13 buddy. Those saws in my opinion are disposable ......things go wrong you bin em prob cost ya more to fix than worth (not being rude).

think on this .....if fuel is leaking in any way you may at some point be left holding the partner version of a roman candle........not nice and bloody dangerous.

Oh and wear ppe no matter what saw they can do damage. How long does it take to put on chaps etc??? Better waste that time than the rest of life missing bits you kinda regard as important .....oh and if it leaking fire proof might be a thought lol (sorry joke couldn't resist my sick sense of humor )

I should say the next thing to break will be the recoil spring if it's been messed about with.

Thants right the whole recoil system is now buggered

cant find one on ebay

Dose anyone know where I can get one that will fit or just how do you start the dam thing with out the pull core system and no I dont have a power drill

Thants right the whole recoil system is now buggered

cant find one on ebay

Dose anyone know where I can get one that will fit or just how do you start the dam thing with out the pull core system and no I dont have a power drill

What model is the saw, and husky parts should fit if it isn't too old

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App