landrover wi monster chip box !!!!!

Johny Walker

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree however this vehicle is a 140 landrover do not make a 140 therefore a modified vehicle same problem occurs when fitting a 130 chassis to a landrover 110

Recently I made a 130 out of a discovery and they just sent the paperwork back with the details amended.

But you made a vehicle that exists landrover 130 come out of the factory at Solihull the type specifications exist the 140 is not made at Solihull the chassis has been stretched so is not covered by type approval so would need a SVA and probably a Q plate. These problems are academic until the vehicle has an accident then the fun starts

But you made a vehicle that exists landrover 130 come out of the factory at Solihull the type specifications exist the 140 is not made at Solihull the chassis has been stretched so is not covered by type approval so would need a SVA and probably a Q plate. These problems are academic until the vehicle has an accident then the fun starts

No I made a discovery 130 not a defender, my insurance are happy with it and so is the DVLA, how's that going to cause problems?

All the early 127 1nd 130's started life as 110's, they were modified at the factory and came out of Solihull with 110 on the log book and that didn't cause problems

No I made a discovery 130 not a defender, my insurance are happy with it and so is the DVLA, how's that going to cause problems?

All the early 127 1nd 130's started life as 110's, they were modified at the factory and came out of Solihull with 110 on the log book and that didn't cause problems

Yep, I had a 130 that had 110 on the logbook, never had a problem.

Landrover didn't make a 140 modified by seller might need q plate and vosa inspection insurance could be interesting

I understand what your getting at but just because the chassis is altered doesn't necessarly mean a Q plate. There are changes you can make without it needing Q plate or SVA. If I get 5 mins I will dig out the list.

Getting back to the original post, our 130 had a long body which over hung the back like this one and the first we did was cut 30cms off it, just to tempting for the lads to overload it, especially the back axle.

Not sure if things have changed, but the reason for a Q plate as a result of structural alterations, used to be run from a points system.

A vehicle was given a total of (I think) 15 points. These were made up in differing amounts from major parts, like drivetrain, axles, suspension, chassis etc. If any of these major parts were replaced by none spec ones, i.e, modified, that amount of points was taken from the total.

If this total came below (again, going from memory:blushing:) around 10 points, it had to go onto a Q plate.

In this case, even if the chassis was classed as none standard, it would likely to have lost 3 or 4 points, therefore would not need the Q.