Is it just me or the modern way of life?

wisecobandit

So having done 67hrs work this week, the better half working today and having worked everyday this past week/weekend (shes a "womens problems" nurse up the hospital) ive got the sunday off....

Or so I thought, first job after dropping her to work at 7.30, then nip around her mates and hang a couple of window blinds, go get some veg for tonights roast on the way back home, feed the dogs,wash the dishes from last night as we didn't get in and eat til nearly 9, on the 3rd load of washing in the washing machine this morning etc and no doubt more as the day goes on....

What happened to my sunday morning lay in??

Is it just me/other half going mad or has that sunday day of rest well and truly gone for everone?

I suppose I am up at 4,30 every morning so atleast 6.30 was a bit of a lay in....:001_smile::lol:

So having done 67hrs work this week, the better half working today and having worked everyday this past week/weekend (shes a "womens problems" nurse up the hospital) ive got the sunday off....

Or so I thought, first job after dropping her to work at 7.30, then nip around her mates and hang a couple of window blinds, go get some veg for tonights roast on the way back home, feed the dogs,wash the dishes from last night as we didn't get in and eat til nearly 9, on the 3rd load of washing in the washing machine this morning etc and no doubt more as the day goes on....

What happened to my sunday morning lay in??

Is it just me/other half going mad or has that sunday day of rest well and truly gone for everone?

I suppose I am up at 4,30 every morning so atleast 6.30 was a bit of a lay in....:001_smile::lol:

= job for life you can retire

I understand. My Kim was just called into work at the Hospital this morning. According to her schedule she was not listed to work. So much for her schedule?, especially the day after her BD. No matter. Plans change and chores will be done. Palms to be trimmed at home and dishes in the sink as well. I will be working steady, my Kim will be working madly for the next 15 hours, ugh!.

easy-lift guy

Me and the Mrs went through the same, both working fulltime plus away most weekends with the TA, until the oldest was about 3.

With the house kept spotless.

With the big half of her significently bigger salary going on childcare.

but we pulled through.

Despite her crippling Arthrits life is now good, or at least we are both thankful, or at least have the sense to be content, and more than happy to wake up grumpy to face another day.

Because there are plenty of good people that we knew, that did not have the luxury of waking up to face another day.

Marcus

I was out at 4.30 this morning and won't be finished til well after dark.

Have to admit to having last weekend "off", although it did involve sawing logs all day so not exactly restful. Will be at work every day for a fortnight from now.

No, you are not alone. :)

Get back to the sink!!!!!

Lol left myself open to that one....

Worst thing is, no dishwasher.... see if she was at work I could be washing chainsaw bits in there lol.

Easy-lift , scary thing is shes working a ward today she doesn't normally work on with 2 agency auxillarys and they are charging £60 an hour each whilst Helen will be in charge of them, working a sunday for £20 an hour...

Cheers for the heads up Marcus, its a long slog but we all get there somehow I guess. Cant moan I guess, we both have jobs, the house, 2 cars etc so cant all be bad.

Right, lets get back to peeling the veg :001_rolleyes:

Wisecobandit you are o so correct about working with different personnel or not enough or even worse when she is "floated" to another floor. Nurses are very much like trees when it comes to injury and healing. Compartmentalism is how they cope and some how still have a smile on their faces?. The pay is comparable here stateside but not commensurate with all the physical and emotional capital spent every day of work.

easy-lift guy