zig zag failure?

Dilz

The only people who make no mistakes, are those who make nothing.

Petzl have always been on the fringes of the arb industry looking in.

They dont understand treework, and they certainly dont fully comprehend DbRT treeclimbing, that's now a proven fact.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may well be on the fringes of tree work but they are the world leader in industrial access equipment, unless I'm forgetting someone else?

And DMM only make a fraction of their income from arb gear, same as ISC they make their money from those bolts that hold cars onto car transporters, and the screw in towing eyes for cars. So both of those companies could be said to be on the fringes.

Tree work has always taken bits of kit from other industries and bolted them altogether to make a system that works. I like the fact that ISC,DMM and Petzl are now making arb specific equipment but before they did make specific gear for arb I bet you owned generic petzl products? A fixe at least?

Continued use of the ZIGZAG poses a risk of serious injury or death.

Ouch...that gotta hurt for some eh ? Doesnt leave much to the imagination.

Petzl really screwed the pooch on this one.

One thing I do not understand, why all the love for Petzl, what have they ever done for you ?

They made a piece of kit that could have, or will, kill someone !

I like their Carabiners too, I even climb in one of their saddles, but as far as this is concerned they have taken a severe fall in my eyes, and they should be made to pay for it in some way, or what do they learn ?

That Arborists have little value for their own lives, and will use any bit of kit that is shiny and new ?

I really hope not, people who climbed on these should be indignant, I would be.

All this oh everyone makes a mistake, we are only human peace joy and love is a load of BS.

Petzl deserves your anger.

Edited by Grais

See my earlier post and Rupe's reply.

A friction hitch on a standard climbing line is pretty jumpy with a rescued bod hanging on it. ZZ can't be much worse.

If you own a rope wrench and attach it just above what ever you are descending on it gives you the smoothest decent even under really really heavy loads :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App