Skuba Diving

mcleish17

Little Tree, you have to do the Great Barrier Reef. Fantastic diving if you go out on a boat for a week. The Red Sea is supposed to be good too. Hoping to do a Great White Shark Dive off California sometime.

Would lv to , I might go this coming Xmas as never dived in blue clear warm water only Uk so looking forward to that :thumbup:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would lv to , I might go this coming Xmas as never dived in blue clear warm water only Uk so looking forward to that :thumbup:

You need to do the outer reef with the deeper water. There are boats running out of Cairns and Port Douglas that do the outer reef and are quite cheap. They run between 3 and 10 days I think. 5 days is a good run.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

also if **** hits fan underwater you will be pleased to know what to do!! padi require you get 60 % on test bsac 80% makes sense to be a good diver . i remember being at 30m in red sea on my 6th dive doing padi training and thinking i dont really know what i am doing. Bsac get you to be a good diver so even if you lose your buddy you can get back to surface safley.

• 2 months later...

Hi, just thought I'd add to the thread.

Just finished my open water padi last weekend. Did it in a cold freshwater quarry, not much to see apart from some minnows and great crested newts but still absolutely loved it.

I'm going to Croatia(split) the end of July and plan to do some diving there, nice clear and warmer water. Will be nice to wear a wetsuit instead of a dry suit.

I have looked at a few places online, just wandered if anyone has been there or recommend anything. Bearing in mind I can only dive to 18m at the moment.

Really looking forward to getting on the next dive, it feels very addictive!!

have dived in the maldives,cancun, egypt,the english channel and some inland uk waters. there all good in their own right but if you want value for money you cant go wrong with a liveaboard in egypt for a week about 20 dives, weights and air for about £1200 including flights and some fantastic marine life. oceanic white tips, tiger sharks, hammerheads,turtles and plenty of other smaller fish and if your really lucky a whale shark