maggie thatcher

ging

I'm in my mid forties, my parents were both born and brought up in South Wales. My Grandfather was badly injured in a collapse in the pits, and never worked again. My father had to leave school at 14 to help make ends meet, but vowed not to work down the mines. He came to London at 17 and joined the Police.

I was brought up in South East London/Kent, there were five kids and money was tight. But I was taught to respect my elders and authority, and you worked hard for what you earned - and you only earnt what you worked for!

True blue supporter all my life and happy to admit it. I don't believe any Gov't, party, is all right or wrong, some are worse then others, but I think that the breaking of the Unions and the miners strike was a good thing and a fair portion of the blame lays at the door of Scargill and his cronies.

Only my opinion.

Maggie galvanised the nation to fight and defeat the Argentine junta and free the Falklands. She deserves her State funeral.

Dont remember any referendum

Mid forties would of made you about 13 ish hmmm

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thatcher burn in hell , theres no need for coal where your going... shes already shut 3 furnaces there within 24hrs.

Being from the northeast where times were hard , im happy there are partys at mining villages.. and thats not a lie

And why should we pay for her funneral.

10p worth , from a lad whos father has been made redundant 3 times by the torys , had close members of famliy s++t on throught the 80s ... divide and rule , tory b@@@@@@s

:)

I'm in my mid forties, my parents were bo

Maggie galvanised the nation to fight and defeat the Argentine junta and free the Falklands. She deserves her State funeral.

[/umm , and now the falkalnds has a possible oil rich possibility underneath its sea bed , i wonder why they real realy realy flapped all them years ago...U]

If so many people hated her, who voted for her??? she did win 3 elections.

People speak about her as some sort of dictator who had no mandate, thats simply untrue.

As for parties and celebrations at some ones death, I'm very glad I have no connection to those people or their views, I would not want to be represented by them, their actions say more about themselves that Mrs T.

If so many people hated her, who voted for her??? she did win 3 elections.

People speak about her as some sort of dictator who had no mandate, thats simply untrue.

As for parties and celebrations at some ones death, I'm very glad I have no connection to those people or their views, I would not want to be represented by them, their actions say more about themselves that Mrs T.

Absolutely,to have a 'party' over someones death is in bad taste,& says a lot about those who choose to partake.