Margaret Thatcher RIP

TimberCutterDartmoor

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very accomplished woman who changed this country for the better in my view.

Utmost respect for her having the nerve to stand up to the trade unions, Argentina etc.

We could do with someone with her grit now to nip their potential resurrection in the bud.

To my mind her detractors are the 'something for nothing / chip on their shoulder brigade'. For her to get where she did as a woman in that era would have taken a dedication and determination far more powerful than anything shown by those who bemoaned her.

I also think that the terminally controversial community charge was also good idea in principal [in that it wasn't a bad idea as such], after all, it's not a big expensive house with 4 people living in it which generates rubbish or uses the public libraries, it's people, so charging individuals for their use of public services makes a degree of sense to me even now. Still needs a little work of course :laugh1:

Unfortunately it was terribly poorly implemented. [Although more so by local authorities than central government]

Their inefficiency and incompetence continues to this day.

You'll be missed, Mrs Thatcher :thumbup1:

Well said worcswuss

Its a sad day, definetly the only worthy prime minister that's been any good for this nation in my lifetime. Worthy of the name iron lady, had bigger balls than anyone we've seen since and had great british pride in her heart and wouldn't allow it to be walked over like everyone since.

Atleast she kept this country British, unfortunately now with the European union etc we are in a serious downward spiral of losing it....

give everyone in Scotland a spade, we'll bury her so deep we'll hand her over to Satan personally :biggrin:

I won't respond as will get banned of here.

Sent from Hodge's eye phone using the new fancy Arbtalk Mobile App:)

Oh dear, mocking someone's death is a bit low:(

fair enough hodge you are probable right, i just cant see her as human after growing up through that era in a mining town. i am not getting into the debate ive said my bit.

scotspine with the frankie boyle line......:001_smile:

Much respect. A political leader who had the moral courage to stick to her convictions. We could with some of those now, rather than the self serving bunch we are currently enduring.

RiP

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

fair enough hodge you are probable right, i just cant see her as human after growing up through that era in a mining town. i am not getting into the debate ive said my bit.

scotspine with the frankie boyle line......:001_smile:

Politics and religion are best not discussed on a forum like this as we all have differing opinions. :)