Edelrid treecore harness

Adam Bourne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not got one myself but know someone who has & has been using it for a few weeks & not good reports on it so far..I did have an edelrid some years ago that suffered the same prob's so I sacked it off as a bad buy back then.

As you say climbing styles vary & maybe just didn't suit my style or the person I know.

Will be interested to see what you think of it.

Feel better now i know im not the only one who messes about at home.

Bit of 4x2 over the loft hatch so i could try diffrent setups but the mrs caught me.:sneaky2:

Guilty of that, set up a ring bolted into a joist above the stairs... While jumping in the deep end is good for some things, SRT ain't one of them. I learned it low & slow in the comfort of my own home!

Harness? Gotta be theTreemotion.

Not got one myself but know someone who has & has been using it for a few weeks & not good reports on it so far..I did have an edelrid some years ago that suffered the same prob's so I sacked it off as a bad buy back then.

As you say climbing styles vary & maybe just didn't suit my style or the person I know.

Will be interested to see what you think of it.

Hmm see I bought my tree magic after using yours and loved it, I still have and still love it, the tree motion though has the edge in freedom of movement such a great comfortable harness that just doesn't get in the way during work, imitated by many but none have come close.

The tree core though looks a nice it's just that bridge set-up which is the make or break deal for me, anybody remember the komet morpho that has an interesting design but never seemed to take off.

Hope you get on well with it Adam and keep us posted.

Another thing this harness has a full suite of spares parts and add ons which will greatly improve its service life and usability.

Rec climbing today nothing overly excessive but still for a first time use I think I got to grips with the adjustments of it.

The duel bridge is kinda weird but at the same time is a really nice feature, being able to have the hitch setup close to your body/chest rather than in your face was a real bonus. Firstly I was looking for the gear loops but I guess that's just changing harness rather than a negative point.

First ascent felt really comfy until I started a limb walk and the leg loops kept riding up and crushing my crown jewels at one point, but after a mess around with them later in the day they were loads better and no squishy squishy at all. Movement in it felt real good, one feature I do like are the side D's I thought I might struggle with them after coming from really big D's on the skylotec to the treecores more narrow smaller D's but they were nicely positioned not to even think about there size. So far so good but one niggly thing about them I will say is the leg loop straps are held on with a Velcro strap and when limb walking kept chaffing together!!! Not so much a bad point at the minute but could lead to them wearing quite quick.

As its early days I'm going to rate it a firm 8/10 so far but I'm impressed.

Couple of pictures first one is the straps on the leg loops ImageUploadedByArbtalk1365273079.679709.jpg.7495b450f17857c9aff51673b72afbd0.jpg

This one ain't really nothing to do with the harness so we will leave that to another thread. But happy days :)

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1365273113.381351.jpg.5cb97fb87f14b7cd04cad1ac9a013bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1365273060.619197.jpg.f631d78af54b1f5d76f203b649b4df5e.jpg