Pulling ones own teeth

White Noise

The problem I have got is getting an appointment and then when the time comes the dentist cancels on me and have to wait for another appointment weeks down the line. It happened a couple of years ago that I had been let down twice and was in a bit of pain, clove oil was very temporary.

I tried several positions to try and get it out but found resting my head against the door frame and locking the vise grips onto the tooth was the answer. Don't think i'll try it again as the dentist was not pleased as they said they could have kept the base of the tooth and put a cap on it. Got a hole now. will get pic up when I find my sd card adapter. Wasted a favourite t shirt too with the blood.

For future reference tramadol and codeine are the answer. Clove oil won't even scratch it!

If you go see your GP he can give you antibiotics and pain killers. They may be all that's needed and clear any painful infections up in a few days.....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dentist experiences total two wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthetic and then a filling in a molar due to weakening from removal of previously stated wisdom. Other than that my teeth are good. Don't think I'd pull em out myself. Think I'd have a erm little something to smoke to chill me out, good dose of local and leave my local and very good natured dental expert to extract any nasties.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Had an abscess a few years ago and the dentist said he couldn't do nothing wi it until I had taken a couple of days of antibiotics anyway by the second night it was so bad I thoughts pulling it oot myself wouldn't be any more sore so went down to the landy got a long nosed pliers had a few drams and tried to pull it out the minute the pliers touched it thea in was so shocking I nearly passed out and had to go to a and e where the emergency dentist pulled it out. I can't imagine anyone actually going through wi DIY dentistry

I've done a few fillings before. I once smashed part of one of my front teeth and I think it went through to the nerve because it did smart a little! Did my own filling which was great for stopping the pain but looked a bit silly as it was bright white and the rest of the tooth was a bit stained haha!

The dentist has to be the one thing I really don't fear. I had four teeth pulled when I was 7 as they where effecting the growth of the others and pushing them.

My words to the dentist at the age of 7 after being told its removal or braces!

"Just get one with it and pull really hard"

From then teeth don't bother me and I actually like the sound of the drill and torture implements they use. Lastly because I'm trying to figure out how they work....

I'm sure teeth will start to rot soon but not bothered.

If you ever want to remove some teeth and mine are failing I will give you a call. Always up for some fun. But will probably have to see mendiplogs to get some of the good cizzer.... :thumbup:

Oh dear,

At 53 I only have 3 teeth left.

A bitch of a school dentist pulled 2 big strong projecting upper teeth when I was about 10.

I remember my mother cried when I came home.

top jaw then closed in and ground the bejeasus out of the lower teeth.

That plus Abysmal NHS dental care in 1980's belfast, plus neglect on my own part lead to really bad gum disease.

Pluued the last few loose ones recently.

When the gums stabilize off for a set of dentures.

A good job there bes no chewy lumps in Guiness.

I will NOT post photos thank you.

Marcus

I remember Dave Francis (worked for Access Hire in North Wales) had all his teeth pulled when he was about 21 and had em replaced with dentures. Reckoned it was the best thing he ever did after several years of bad tooth ache. Didn't pull them himself though.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App