New saw

dexta

Can't comment on the husky. But the stihl ms660 is a monster of a saw for estate general use.

The ms260 was a fantastic saw. If you can find any now, now its the ms261 and it has had teething problems with them. But fantastic for everyday use.

For a little bit more grunt could get the ms441 with the 25" bar.

Al depends on what your spending budget is.

HI RICH i have to say mate your right there the 660 is a good saw from 16ins bar upto 3ft now will a 560xp take a 3ft bar no way :001_rolleyes:jon :thumbup:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

in the mid range category my next saw will be a 560xpg

Agreed. When replacing the nicked 025 and 357xp i went for the 550. If i'd have known i would be picking up a 346 on Fleabay a week later i'd have gone for the 560 without a doubt.

Edited by Arbtech Tree Services
speeeling

Steady Jon, it's bit unfair comparing a 60cc saw with a 92cc saw!

Love my 660 mind, it's a fantastic saw, but in the mid range category my next saw will be a 560xpg as I think Stihl have gone off the boil a bit in this category.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Bit like comparing a ported husky to the same size stihl then........it unfair that aswel. :lol::lol:

The ms441 takes a small bar of 18 inches. Should be plenty.

the 441 is a great saw. Ive just got a new one to replace a tired 440. its easier to start and got a little bit more power.

if you liked the 260 im sure you would be more than happy with a 261 although i havent tried one yet.

i went with the 550 and i actually wish i stuck with stihl. its had to go back a couple of times, starting problems etc. i still find it erratic to start, some times starts first time some times sixth, i hate that especially when up a tree.

The chain brake is also hard to engage/disengage imo. which somehow aggrevates my tennis elbow randomly.

But i cant argue that the 550 is cracking when actually cutting wood, i just find stihl more refined and predictable. i think im just getting old!

I have a 020t a201t a260 and a 660 of my own and love them all but know a few people with the 261 and they have had constant problems with them, just looking for the husky equivalent .really would like to stay with stihl but want reliability . Ideally it would be nice to demo one, going to get one or the other next week might take a trip to honey bros or frjones just to get a feel of the husky.could be expensive though as something shiny normally catches my eye

025 was the first saw i bought many moons ago and was using it up until it got nicked with the others about eight months ago, any chance of first dibs on the estate's one as i have a load of chains to use up?

The 550xp is a step up in size (slightly) and runs well at 15" especially on the .050 narrow kerf chain and bar. I run one of them and it's predecessor the 346xp and wouldn't change the 550 for anything. The quick acceleration for snedding is really good and i like the little things like the stop switch popping itself back up afterwards so it's ready to restart. I've used the 560xp which has more grunt and will handle an 18" bar but is a little heavier.

Having raved about these saws i've gone back to Stihl for the MS660 (25" and 36") and i absolutely love it, the topper is a 201T. I can't speak for the MS260 as i've never tried one, but the old 021/023/025 were domestic versions, the MS260 (now MS261) is a more pro saw.

HTH,

Steve.

Sorry keeping the 025 for fencing and the gardeners to use

Steady Jon, it's bit unfair comparing a 60cc saw with a 92cc saw!

Love my 660 mind, it's a fantastic saw, but in the mid range category my next saw will be a 560xpg as I think Stihl have gone off the boil a bit in this category.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI MARK I've not pick up 560xpg yet as thinking if huskys go wrong will they fix it thanks jon :thumbup: