What should I offer?

Hodge

going by the shape of the front counter weight and the colour of the wings

she's an early super major,£1000 plus depending on how much you want to rip thi old dear off :lol:. starting this should be quite easy as they are bomb proof,when you try remember to press the exess fuel button on the injector pump.I don't think you can change the reg. from a tractor to a car.Only probs

with these if they have been standing a long time is an o ring at the bottom

of the sleve this can perish and as it is a wet sleve it can allow water to seap into the oil. Go for it you will never buy a david brown ever again :lol:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have an early Dexta, brilliant little tractors, knocked the Massey 35 into a cocked hat.

NEVER:001_tt2: Massey's never had problems with the gear selectors,the amount of times I had the early Dexta's and had to keep a spaner on me because they used to stick in gear,you knew when you had a bad one the bolts holding the gear sticks on were well worn :lol:

I would hazard a "steal" at £500.00, but £1000.00(ish) would be a fair price.

It is probably actually worth considerably more to the collector market if it is completely genuine, esp if low owners/low hours as opposed to some of the tractors that have been bodged/modified/incorrectly restored.

I do get a trifle distressed at the "you could make money offen it bridgade, iffen you buy it for little enough" i.e lets rip the unknowing owner off.

Possibly the owner would be happier to see it usefully working locally for someone, for little money, rather than being traded on for a profit.

I just took a quick look again, it seems to be remarkably complete and sound vis-a-vis tinwork, lamps mudguards etc etc, these are generally the first parts to go/suffer/be trashed/rusted away.

The mechanical stuff is actually more straightforward to source and repair.

imhuo

Regards

Marcus

Edited by difflock

We have an early Dexta, brilliant little tractors, knocked the Massey 35 into a cocked hat.

NEVER:001_tt2: Massey's never had problems with the gear selectors,the amount of times I had the early Dexta's and had to keep a spaner on me because they used to stick in gear,you knew when you had a bad one the bolts holding the gear sticks on were well worn :lol:

Been there myself with that one.

Lifting a full cube bag with the major will be hard, no power steering on those old ladys. Better to get her to power a processor I would have thought.

A

I would hazard a "steal" at £500.00, but £1000.00(ish) would be a fair price.

It is probably actually worth considerably more to the collector market if it is completely genuine, esp if low owners/low hours as opposed to some of the tractors that have been bodged/modified/incorrectly restored.

I do get a trifle distressed at the "you could make money offen it bridgade, iffen you buy it for little enough" i.e lets rip the unknowing owner off.

Possibly the owner would be happier to see it usefully working locally for someone, for little money, rather than being traded on for a profit.

I just took a quick look again, it seems to be remarkably complete and sound vis-a-vis tinwork, lamps mudguards etc etc, these are generally the first parts to go/suffer/be trashed/rusted away.

imhuo

Regards

Marcus

well said Marcus :thumbup:

We use an old d series ford to run the splitter. She's old and rusty and leaks water as she runs ( needs topping up every 15 mins or so but can do while still running splitter) the tractor has tons of power and starts first time. Can it continue to run even if the blocks are gone? Or will it eventually just blow up?

As long as she is "leaking" water to the atmosphere, (where is the leak btw?) and not into the oil, I imagine she should be fine, as long as you keep topping her up.

Kinda a "total loss" cooling system.

In which case arrange a ballcock supplied, gravity fed top up cistern.

Since her be static anyway.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I would hazard a "steal" at £500.00, but £1000.00(ish) would be a fair priceu

imhuo

Regards

Marcus

One just like it but better on tyres and the fact that it was a runner rather than an unknown quantity made a shade under 800 at York on Wednesday.

This is an unknown quantity and worth 500 as is, if you spend time and effort getting it running and checking the block water pump rad etc. for the old dear you are adding value but that is your time into the job so value added can't be put on the sale price unless the seller wants to pay you to investigate the condition and get a song out of it.

Oh and you can't swap the reg even if it is road registered, sorry:thumbdown:.