EU new low, theft, plain and simple.

skyhuck

lets hope it doesnt catch on ,:scared1::thumbdown:

:laugh1: I'll be ok, I don't even own the pot I can't afford to piss in, never mind have savings! :lol:

That's a pretty frightening proposal though.... The eu wants it's money back, they've thrown it around too freely and now realised, like the individual constituent economies, that there is a bottom to the pit. To keep the 'great federal superstate to rival the USA' dream alive they desperately need to become solvent again. Can't see it happening myself.... :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, what do you think the bank bail out was here? you paid dummies!

you havent seen nothing yet.

Strictly speaking though it was indirectly, and most came from borrowing I imagine. And also, although some would disagree, the UK banking sector's bailout was intended to safeguard an industry which is very lucrative for the country, generating a lot of tax revenue and drawing a lot of foreign currency into our economy.

The Cypriot proposal is to mount a dawn raid the nation's private bank accounts to pay off some of their disproportionate national debt which the government has run up.

Same but different. The Cypriot proposal won't save any jobs overnight or increase revenue. It will simply fend off the bailiffs for a bit longer..... :thumbdown:

lol, what do you think the bank bail out was here? you paid dummies!

you havent seen nothing yet.

You really do have such a pleasant manner Tony :001_rolleyes:

Yes of course we are feeling the affects of the austerity measures, but to suggest we have had the equivalent of a % of our assets seized by the state is simply nonsense.

I think Tony is referring to the taxpayers ie."us" bailout of certain banks without "our"

consent.

Not exactly the same but I think he sort of has a point.

I agree,the bank bail out puts us all in debt,it has to be paid off by our taxes etc,they have not directly dipped into our acounts,but we are paying for it,& will be for years to come,alongside the national debt which is all but insurmountable.

We are partly to blame as a lot of people just borrowed too much,the financial institutions encouraged this,& the gov at the time were at it more than anyone.:001_smile:

I agree,the bank bail out puts us all in debt,it has to be paid off by our taxes etc,they have not directly dipped into our acounts,but we are paying for it,& will be for years to come,alongside the national debt which is all but insurmountable.

We are partly to blame as a lot of people just borrowed too much,the financial institutions encouraged this,& the gov at the time were at it more than anyone.:001_smile:

Excellent post Geoff :thumbup1: