Introducing the Throwpod

marcus_arb

Ha ha, as if I'd tell you for nothing, you Throwpod billionaire!

It will cost you a cider at least!

I'll trial it with my HR bag and get back to you. Nothing amazing, I just find I need a click solution on multiple trees rather than untying the bag/pod or hauling it through backasswards if that makes sense.

Haha fair enough dude hopefully see you at one of the shows

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only joke, I think it's a good call to make a couple of weights to choose from, as Grace the aeronautical engineer pointed out the shape the mass etc shouldn't make a noticeable difference but some how it does, the 8oz almost feels to heavy to me.

I think the 8oz flys better too Marc, I was very impressed with the way it gets through even congested lime crowns & ivy with so little weight.

I would rather go for the 8oz myself too but can see why the 10oz may be more popular to the masses that have not had the opportunity to try before they buy, as I have a 10oz & a 120z for the deeper bark/friction encountering throws.

Grace may have a good understanding of aeronautical engineering, but imo the 8 has a noticeable difference too as you have found.

• 1 month later...

Take a 10 OZ throwpod(or whatever the freaking thing weighs I no recall) and a ten oz bag, shoot them with the same power, the bag isnt going to fly as high, its a soft object, the solid object would, or should outfly it.

Take two solid objects, one being the throwpod, and another a square weighing the same and shoot them straight up with a Bigshot, do that twenty or thirty times, that is one way to tell which flies higher, everything else is just theorizing.

In that test IMHO think the difference would be negligible, but only one way to be really sure, and that is do it.

Generally a solid object will outly a soft one, there is another sales point for your Throwpod Marcus, no charge for that one, its a freebie.

Whats not theorizing is the price,80.00, IMO, is ridonculous and I would not pay half that for it, you can crunch the numbers how ever you like, justify it however you like, for a ten cent piece of plastic a bit of rubbery stuff and an eye hook its overpriced.

I think throwbags are overpriced, youll never convince me the throwpod isnt, so stop trying, if you need more convincing yourself by all means go ahead.

Id would sooner make four or five of my own than pay that, ohh wait I already did that.

Grace.

PS: you guys, I laugh hard, is that the best you can do ? If so, dats pretty soft....lol.

Edited by Grais

What did the throwpod score in TCC event?

Had a bit of a shocker in the throwline

Not because of the throwpod but because of the bag on the other end of the line.

I got a shot straight over ten but had to double bag the line to get it in the markers then had to isolate and ended up not being able to get the bag to come down and ended up getting it stuck. I had to climb and get the stuck bag and ended up getting the ten perfectly with the throwpod on the second shot which was annoying as hell

Take a 10 OZ throwpod(or whatever the freaking thing weighs I no recall) and a ten oz bag, shoot them with the same power, the bag isnt going to fly as high, its a soft object, the solid object would, or should outfly it.

Take two solid objects, one being the throwpod, and another a square weighing the same and shoot them straight up with a Bigshot, do that twenty or thirty times, that is one way to tell which flies higher, everything else is just theorizing.

In that test IMHO think the difference would be negligible, but only one way to be really sure, and that is do it.

Generally a solid object will outly a soft one, there is another sales point for your Throwpod Marcus, no charge for that one, its a freebie.

Whats not theorizing is the price,80.00, IMO, is ridonculous and I would not pay half that for it, you can crunch the numbers how ever you like, justify it however you like, for a ten cent piece of plastic a bit of rubbery stuff and an eye hook its overpriced.

I think throwbags are overpriced, youll never convince me the throwpod isnt, so stop trying, if you need more convincing yourself by all means go ahead.

Id would sooner make four or five of my own than pay that, ohh wait I already did that.

Grace.

PS: you guys, I laugh hard, is that the best you can do ? If so, dats pretty soft....lol.

No one is forcing you to buy one grace and if you don't like the price then fair enough, but quite frankly I think your attitude is appalling. The price is what the price had to be to make it worth while doing. It is a bespoke handmade product made in the uk not mass produced in china.

No one is forcing you to buy one grace and if you don't like the price then fair enough, but quite frankly I think your attitude is appalling. The price is what the price had to be to make it worth while doing. It is a bespoke handmade product made in the uk not mass produced in china.

Wot he said.

Good intelligent post Marcus.

It's the same syndrome as the RopeKnight, precision engineering in low numbers.

This is the same in all industries, not just Arb.

Cheers

Al.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Had a bit of a shocker in the throwline

Not because of the throwpod but because of the bag on the other end of the line.

I got a shot straight over ten but had to double bag the line to get it in the markers then had to isolate and ended up not being able to get the bag to come down and ended up getting it stuck. I had to climb and get the stuck bag and ended up getting the ten perfectly with the throwpod on the second shot which was annoying as hell

Your shot into the ten target and subsequent SRT access to retrieve the stuck line was V. impressive!

Every cloud Rupe!

You're right on the cost Marcus.

I try and price my treework at pro rates, and sometimes even succeed.

I have no interest in competing with bodgers doing it for a pittance, and don't see why marketing kit should be any different.