Introducing the Throwpod

marcus_arb

The Throwpod will be available from next week. Check the Sawpod website out for who's stocking it....more coming on board all the time!

Thanks Tony...finally sorting out a throwline setup and think your pod looks well worth the extra....anything to minimise frustration while I try to develop a technique...Thanks for your innovations!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for those of you out there who think 10oz isn't a heavy enough weight,

This afternoon I started a job with Danavan, we had 3 Corsican pines to strip down to poles ready for felling tomorrow, the pines were roughly 30m tall give or take, and covered from head to toe in thick ivy that had branches sticking out a good couple of feet out from the stem.

We had Danavans new bigshot with us and we were give it a whirl with the throwpod, on the last pine I lined my self up for the shot took aim and fired the pod straight through the ivy out the other side and down to the ground,

The pod had gotten near enough top anchor and was right in next to the stem, shot of the day:001_cool:

How ever my zing it had flown out with a nice knot in the middle of the line but carried on over the branch and out the other side.

We needed to track the pod back up the tree to get the rope closer to the stem,

So with Danavan keeping an eye on the pod I pulled it almost until it would of popped back out and then I lowered the pod back to the ground ,it took a couple of twangs on the line to get it down but it got there, and this was all done with my limited edition 8oz pod not the 10oz pods that will be on sale,

image.jpg.7a4de985ee8ebe24b2cb2c8162800554.jpg

Lucky shot Marcus :001_tt2:

Seriously though, proper impressed with that & the way it came down through the ivy from all the potential friction, which gave my 12oz bag trouble on one of the other trees.

As I said before I was interested in it's performance before I shelled out for the big shot as I like the added benefits of something that will imo come down more reliably than a bag from those higher shots.

No I'm not on the pay roll, I just know when I use a good bit of kit I will big it up..

Do I get a free pod now Marcus :lol:

A hat! As long as it's not orange :lol:

Don't want nothing fella. Liked to try before I bought the big shot & am happy to pay for a product that will save me time & money in the long run imo.

Until I do a crap knot & launch the throw pod 5 miles away!

A hat! As long as it's not orange :lol:

Don't want nothing fella. Liked to try before I bought the big shot & am happy to pay for a product that will save me time & money in the long run imo.

Until I do a crap knot & launch the throw pod 5 miles away!

Not feeling the Dutch patriotism then