Comic relief, I hate it!

Le Sanglier

I haven't watched much of CR tonight, I never do. Why, because I do other things, I rarely watch much TV. I shall look later to see the total. But the caption I saw early on highlighted a help centre in the UK for HIV victims. Something's are closer to home than the starving in Africa or somewhere miles away. By raising awareness, we can all make a choice whether to help, either to send money, or spend time volunteering our free time to assist others.

We can all make a difference in our own small ways, I know some of you are very generous, but you don't shout about it, you just do it, you don't wait for

CR to come around to be seen to be doing the right thing. If you don't want to give to charity, then don't, but why knock those trying to help others?

I haven't watched much of CR tonight, I never do. Why, because I do other things, I rarely watch much TV. I shall look later to see the total. But the caption I saw early on highlighted a help centre in the UK for HIV victims. Something's are closer to home than the starving in Africa or somewhere miles away. By raising awareness, we can all make a choice whether to help, either to send money, or spend time volunteering our free time to assist others.

We can all make a difference in our own small ways, I know some of you are very generous, but you don't shout about it, you just do it, you don't wait for

CR to come around to be seen to be doing the right thing. If you don't want to give to charity, then don't, but why knock those trying to help others?

Important statement. That's the problem I have with the tv extravaganza which is comic relief. In my view it's become less about the charity work and more 'look at me, I'm giving up one evening of my charmed celebrity life to surround myself with like minded people to encourage those who can't really afford it right now to selflessly give over their hard earned to the less fortunate'.

I don't boycott cr, my little boy was dancing in town in his jammies last week, I chucked a few quid in the bucket. I do boycott the tv show though....

If that makes me a bad person, well, whatever... I feel no need to defend myself :001_smile:

Sorry chaps, on this occasion I'm with the objectionable ex-pat.

If these 'celebrities' really cared about helping others they'd pitch in with voluntary projects regularly, not just when it gets them on telly.

I'd be very interested to see the real figures behind comic relief. I don't believe tv companies etc do things for nothing these days, certainly not things as expensive as comic relief....

It matters not. What matters is the public. People like you and I giving what we can and what we feel we should. If you feel it's not for you then that's your choice. I still wonder how its possible watch the footage and feel so disconnected that a charitable response isn't needed.

With regards to the "celebrities" it seems to me that they are indeed "the face of the moment" but they are obviously upset and disturbed by what they witness. When they make their visits to these deeply depressing situations that children find themselves in. They may, indeed be using this opportunity to forward their careers but lets look at what help is achieved in this process. If we have to put up with Wand Erection for another few years having the trade off for increased awareness and money for people in great need then I'm sure we can all do so.

Personally I've never donated to comic relief/children in need/live aid. I just can't stand the list of people that turn up to do these gigs. I used to watch them from start to finish when I was younger, more for the challenge of not falling asleep. The talent is really poor.

As for the starving kids, I've never once felt any sort of guilt or sorrow. There are too many people in the world anyway. Helping them to me just makes the situation worse. I don't see the rich giving me a helping hand. Life is just your Donald Duck some have, some don't.

Triple D is on in 10 mins, Oh would that be in bad taste?

Not known for my compassion, but i wouldn't knock those who like to help out those less fortunate.

Personally I've never donated to comic relief/children in need/live aid. I just can't stand the list of people that turn up to do these gigs. I used to watch them from start to finish when I was younger, more for the challenge of not falling asleep. The talent is really poor.

As for the starving kids, I've never once felt any sort of guilt or sorrow. There are too many people in the world anyway. Helping them to me just makes the situation worse. I don't see the rich giving me a helping hand. Life is just your Donald Duck some have, some don't.

Not known for my compassion, but i wouldn't knock those who like to help out those less fortunate.

I don't know...you had a go on the christmas raffle, thats a good start :thumbup1:

You sad sick iduvidual :thumbdown: