New log stores for sale

Axholme

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forward sloping roof and the deep plinth around it means that 25% of the potential space is lost. Or am I missing something :confused1:

Got to keep the rain off somehow, the roof could slope the other way of you wish. he will build you whatever you want so if you wanted it taller then no probs. The roof boards are solid board as well not feather edge board, the whole thing is pretty heavy.

A

Was looking over your pictures and the comments about your wood shed and think its a great base design but thought I would throw in my two cents worth as well.

I see you've changed the floor to a front to rear configuration which supports the wood better but add to this the idea of using 3x2s on edge as these will give greater air flow, be easier to clear debris from and be less prone bending and breaking when wet or heavy wood is stored on them. this will mean less come-backs by grumpy customers messing up your day. The down side to this is yet another size of material you will need to stock.

Like Hansa, I'm curious about the roof sloping forward. If it ran to the rear you may miss out on the cutesie look however in practical terms there would be less complaints about head injuries from tall people and on those nights when its chucking it down the water will be pouring off the rear and not down some poor sods neck.

Someone raised the slat-gap problem. This it seems is a balancing act of air circulation, rain protection and containment. The containment issue can solved by quite simply looking at a lump of wood. As for weather protection

you could make available a value added (to you) accessory in the form of canvas wall covers. you will only need two designs, one for either the left or the right side with a universal clip or bungy attachment and a front or rear one that is a split size to accommodate the height difference and be able to be, as suggested earlier, rolled up for access and/or in periods of good weather. Only one of each would ever be needed to protect against the most common windward condition whilst still venting to the leeward side.

This accessory could be both printed with the assembly instructions and included as a flyer in the flat-pac so the customer can decide if its a required for their particular situation.

Thanks for your comments. We do change things from time to time and build a lot of bespoke log stores. Here are just a few. The one with the front on was for a customer with small logs, it's easier just to throw them in.

Almost finished a log store with planed timber stained black with a cedar shingle roof.

Our website My blog | Just another WordPress site will soon be underway!

59766970c097e_April14017.jpg.17c7402c31dcbc2af10b3695fea0d419.jpg

59766970bf13f_March14181.jpg.7dca39d46242a640be7f50591d279fcd.jpg

59766970bd4a1_March14001.jpg.431ee0bba3fe3de3cfc0cb85076e6774.jpg

59766970bb25d_jan14041.jpg.955643be6e124e78517bce1e1fec3fdd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...