chipper running costs

Dowie

I brought a 2001 Tw125 faultless nothing ever broke apart from servicing items etc, then purchased a brand new 2011 Tw125 its only problem is the silicon from the plastic tanks keeps Blocking the fuel filter Fk en annoying !

Blades are silly easy to change takes 10minutes the hardest part is cleaning the crap out if the bolts.

Service or repairs are brilliant fast delivery spares ready no waiting etc.

I can strip the machine down to the flywheel very handy, cheap as I don't need to pay someone to do it for me.

The Honda engine on my one is petrol 10p a litre cheaper ATM chips a full truck within 30 mins with a properly stacked pile.

For the cost of the machine I think it's the best machine available, cost versus production etc.

I have used the 35hp Tw which have been reliable, Schlesinger which have had more problems then the Tw I have used but they are very good. Price cost versus production, seriously over priced pencil sharpener I have used 6-10 inch Schlesinger and each have blocked or had issues and they are to bloody heavy.

I demo'd a quadchip and that will be my next chipper but at £16000 plus its nearly twice the price of my tw125 and clearly not twice the machine how ever its still better for speed, and it has a turntable :)

For me and my business the ultimate arb chipper would be a tw125 on a turntable with one of the 30hp petrol engines or with the ability to change to power settings between 20 or 30 hp for when I need speed and slow better fuel for when I don't ( you herd it here first ;p )

So my 1p worth is either the quadchip or the TW125 both brilliant machines for very different reasons.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought a 2001 Tw125 faultless nothing ever broke apart from servicing items etc, then purchased a brand new 2011 Tw125 its only problem is the silicon from the plastic tanks keeps Blocking the fuel filter Fk en annoying !

Blades are silly easy to change takes 10minutes the hardest part is cleaning the crap out if the bolts.

Service or repairs are brilliant fast delivery spares ready no waiting etc.

I can strip the machine down to the flywheel very handy, cheap as I don't need to pay someone to do it for me.

The Honda engine on my one is petrol 10p a litre cheaper ATM chips a full truck within 30 mins with a properly stacked pile.

For the cost of the machine I think it's the best machine available, cost versus production etc.

I have used the 35hp Tw which have been reliable, Schlesinger which have had more problems then the Tw I have used but they are very good. Price cost versus production, seriously over priced pencil sharpener I have used 6-10 inch Schlesinger and each have blocked or had issues and they are to bloody heavy.

I demo'd a quadchip and that will be my next chipper but at £16000 plus its nearly twice the price of my tw125 and clearly not twice the machine how ever its still better for speed, and it has a turntable :)

For me and my business the ultimate arb chipper would be a tw125 on a turntable with one of the 30hp petrol engines or with the ability to change to power settings between 20 or 30 hp for when I need speed and slow better fuel for when I don't ( you herd it here first ;p )

So my 1p worth is either the quadchip or the TW125 both brilliant machines for very different reasons.

Not Red at £0.74 per L.

My red Dooozel waxed badly recently.

When I looked into the tank and saw a layer of 'scum' I was shocked!

But after we got it started the heat from the engine melted the Dooozel scum and all is good after all.

White Dooozel doesn't wax in cold weather.

Ty

My red Dooozel waxed badly recently.

When I looked into the tank and saw a layer of 'scum' I was shocked!

But after we got it started the heat from the engine melted the Dooozel scum and all is good after all.

White Dooozel doesn't wax in cold weather.

Ty

When did you buy your red?

They don't put the winter additive in until around october I believe, so you may be on summer red.

Obviously white is bought at the time of use, is alway the correct type.