Stihl ms261

Rach

Surely if the clutch bearing is an issue, you would keep an eye on it and replace regularly?Am i missing something?I dont have one, but i`ve used one and it seems a good saw.I do like to keep hold of older kit and run an 026, which has never missed a beat in several years.I do look after my stuff though.

how many times have you replaced the bearing on the old 026 ? if at all ? Its almost a weekly thing on the 261 or so I'm told !

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got 3 261 and run them on 3/8 no problem . We had a clutch go last week and Stihl have changed the part number of the replacement so they must've had issues with them

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Remember what I said I'd come round and saw your head off if you talk crap about stihl haha.

Yeah, as I said, I'd prefer you to use a silky, I haven't got all day to wait

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the needle bearing go on our 261 and it's less than 6 months old. Power to weight it's fantastic but starting to get a little concerned reading these reviews. We are also looking at the 550 and 560 as we are trying to trade in our 595xp which spends far too much time in the shop. looks like a new husky might be the go but is the 560 or 550 that much better than the 261? After the issues we have had recently with the 595 I'm a little cautious about having another Husky.

Just had the needle bearing go on our 261 and it's less than 6 months old. Power to weight it's fantastic but starting to get a little concerned reading these reviews. We are also looking at the 550 and 560 as we are trying to trade in our 595xp which spends far too much time in the shop. looks like a new husky might be the go but is the 560 or 550 that much better than the 261? After the issues we have had recently with the 595 I'm a little cautious about having another Husky.

I have a 261 and its crap, 346 550 xp are far better to use.

how many times have you replaced the bearing on the old 026 ? if at all ? Its almost a weekly thing on the 261 or so I'm told !

Cant ever remember replacing it.All of this is a bit of a worry as my workmate is ordering one tomorrow.I`ll be there as i`m collecting a pole pruner, i`ll have to ask a few questions.