Silly price HAVE A GUESS

welwell

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres two usual ones customers come out with its either "do me a good price on this one and theres plenty more work for you" believe it and there a pretty fair chance you'll do yourself and the same line will be trotted out to the next person they ask or its "so and so has qouted x but we really want you to do it" to which the correct reply is that "if so and so can do it for x then let them get on with it" you can't please all the people all the time so don't try, don't stress over the jobs you don't get and do the ones you do get well at a reasonable price and wait for repeat business/word of mouth reccomendations, and the idiots doing it on the cheap will eventually reduce by natural selection :thumbup1:

Right...boast time 'again'...

Today, 2 local clients, both neighbours.

They both added trees, stumps and shoite on the day.

Before I touched them I gave the clients a price for EACH extra job.

Walked away with 910euros as a result, 2 man team who will sleep sound form fatigue and clean conscience.

The stumps I'll do in 1 hour 30 min on Saturday morning.

Mind you...

It was a 10 hour day so call it 12 hours to round up with grinding is only 75euros per hour or £60+ per hour.

On budget.

I'm a business NOT a charity.

When I do charitable stuff its for charities NOT rich f*****s.

Ty

Edited by Ty Korrigan
Por spellin n gramma...

Everyone is making a lot of assumptions about the "other guy"

Maybe he is just more efficient and better equipped.

We are taking the OP"s word on the difficulty of the job.

I actually know the other company who looks like they are going to get said job, this makes it more puzzling for me as I know he does have all the relevant quals, insurances, gear etc etc. I cannot see how he can turn this job around and still manage to make a profit. He just can't.

The addition of the cherry picker indeed does kill the job but even before hired in plant, my quote would have been higher. Gut feelings aren't to be ignored, the tree just didn't look right to me, like I say, maybe I'm just getting old and too sensible, but I really think not. There is a great chance that the tree is perfectly climbable and safe and that nothing awry will happen, but I think none of us would forgive ourselves if we made the call to climb or send a climber up when we had a nasty feeling about it, ignored it on the basis of costs and something did go wrong??

With regards to the other companies equipment, it's the usual set up that I guess 90% of us on here have . Efficiency wise I cannot speak for them, but I know we are efficient in our running and execution of jobs.

The tree is tricky, what with BT cables, road, footpath (to primary school) and questionable structural strength. Sorry but you'll just have to take my word on it.

I actually know the other company who looks like they are going to get said job, this makes it more puzzling for me as I know he does have all the relevant quals, insurances, gear etc etc. I cannot see how he can turn this job around and still manage to make a profit. He just can't.

The addition of the cherry picker indeed does kill the job but even before hired in plant, my quote would have been higher. Gut feelings aren't to be ignored, the tree just didn't look right to me, like I say, maybe I'm just getting old and too sensible, but I really think not. There is a great chance that the tree is perfectly climbable and safe and that nothing awry will happen, but I think none of us would forgive ourselves if we made the call to climb or send a climber up when we had a nasty feeling about it, ignored it on the basis of costs and something did go wrong??

With regards to the other companies equipment, it's the usual set up that I guess 90% of us on here have . Efficiency wise I cannot speak for them, but I know we are efficient in our running and execution of jobs.

The tree is tricky, what with BT cables, road, footpath (to primary school) and questionable structural strength. Sorry but you'll just have to take my word on it.

Ok fair enough. I always thought it did sound cheap.

Like others have said maybe she was laying it on to get a better price from you.

Maybe he has a highly dispensible subby climber in mind. :001_rolleyes: