Silly price HAVE A GUESS

welwell

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think SOME punters worry about price, price, price. These are the one's that Mr. Bolam correctly says we need to stay well clear of.

Let the uninsured, unqualified "workers" have them.

As a trade/profession we need to attract client who value their trees and knowledge in how to care for them.

I think the price issue is more relevant when people have a tree that they see as a headache and just want rid of!

I think SOME punters worry about price, price, price. These are the one's that Mr. Bolam correctly says we need to stay well clear of.

Let the uninsured, unqualified "workers" have them.

As a trade/profession we need to attract client who value their trees and knowledge in how to care for them.

I think the price issue is more relevant when people have a tree that they see as a headache and just want rid of!

I don't see how you can avoid them, you don't know they are price keen until you meet them, you give them the quote and leave, if they accept it fine, if they don't fine.

So do you quote on site? I've always found it easy for me to quote later on.

You are right. It's impossible to tell if they are 100% price orientated on he phone or via email enquiry. It's soon apparent upon meeting them though I find.

I think it's daft to say "not the sort of customer you want" why not? their money is as good as anybody's.

Price is important to most clients (not everything though) but the difference between 800 quid and 3500 is so big of course they are going to go for the cheaper one! That's a 2 week holiday somewhere warm. 300 or 400 they might go for someone they consider more "professional"

As for the OP it's the cherry picker that kills the job, I bet the other quote will use a climber.

I quote on site 95% of the time. One day or two days what's to figure out?

It can often lead to a "yes" straight away. Out with the diary and they're yours!

Obviously on mega jobs you need to work stuff out.

Edited by Le Sanglier

I've just had a conversation with a client in the U.K chasing a quote I did a while back.

Client says he thought it would be about 200euros based on the last guy he used.

I told him every job is different and 750 is our price for whats involved.

He named the 'Arborist' who previously worked for him.

I tell the client, well use your previous 'Arborist' then, why call us?

Client says, the 'Arborist' is not interested so he called us instead.

My guess is that the previous 'Arborist' priced himself far too cheap the first time and so set a precendent he didn't want to continue.

Now client thinks we are all as cheap as chips...hhh!

Ty

I

I think it's daft to say "not the sort of customer you want" why not? their money is as good as anybody's.

Price is important to most clients (not everything though) but the difference between 800 quid and 3500 is so big of course they are going to go for the cheaper one! That's a 2 week holiday somewhere warm. 300 or 400 they might go for someone they consider more "professional"

As for the OP it's the cherry picker that kills the job, I bet the other quote will use a climber.

It can often lead to a "yes" straight away. Out with the diary and they're yours!

If people want the bare bones cheapest price they won't get it from me because I buy my gear, not nick it, have valid insurance for tree work, not none, or gardeners insurance, and don't dispose of arisings in the nearest layby.

That, my friend, is 'why not'.

:thumbup1:

But they don't want to pay the price for the job so, while their money may be as good as anybody else's, they won't part with enough of it.:001_smile: