Fake Saws

eddiegts

Sorry, meant the saw was fake not that particular seller was selling as anything other than fake. However they are being sold as Stihl all over -

Stihl Chainsaw REP MT9999 - 20" Bar - NEW!! | eBay

80.00 – Stihl Chainsaw REP MT-9999 20″ BAR BRAND NEW | NICE CHAINSAWS

Stihl chainsaw REP MT-9999 20" BAR BRAND NEW | eBay

Gob smacked. The last two on ebay have sold for nearly 200 quid each..... That's crazy. Would love to be the fly on the wall when the new owners take them to a stihl dealer when they go wrong. :lol::lol:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gob smacked. The last two on ebay have sold for nearly 200 quid each..... That's crazy. Would love to be the fly on the wall when the new owners take them to a stihl dealer when they go wrong. :lol::lol:

Would probably go along these lines.

"Hi my new Stihl chainsaw isn't working, can you have a look at it?"

"Sure, I think I've spotted why it isn't working"

"Great, what's gone wrong?"

"Well first of all the crankcase is made a blu-tac, the piston is actually a sherbert fountain, the air filter is just some fag ends celotaped together and the carburetor is a pencil sharpner. Oh and the bar and chain are made of cheese, probably tesco value cheddar by the smell of it."

"Bugger."

Surly that is not legal to talk about something like it's a brand and then on the last line go "it's a replica"! If you look at the feed back the sellers been getting the chainsaw was not well received!!

I can't believe it's legal to use a brand name when selling a fake. To be honest I can't see how it's legal to sell this junk at all - check out thew chainbrake handle off a MS250 here versus the bent paperclip fitted to this fake rubbish here.

Someones going to get badly hurt or worse using this rubbish.

People buying this shite are as bad as the people selling it IMO.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Surely if they new what it was they would not by it ? We can tell its a crap fake saw but joe public thinks hes had it off !

Only anyone thick or greedy would buy anything being sold by a did out of the back of a van, it's about time Joe Public switched on a bit.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Absolutely . Ebay is a greedy animal and will just keep taking the money . I don't think it is up to us to keep reporting fakes , Stihl and Husqvarna should have someone employed to monitor these sites and take legal action to stop it .

I would bet their loop hole is REP possibly meaning replicate or replacement? As far as buying out a van that's something I never do because I know it's either rubbish or stolen. I wouldn't sleep well knowing I got a great deal on some hard working guys chainsaw.