Being threatened!

ash_smith123

2,7% = £2.16 lost every time you take a card transaction, If I were still working as hard as you on firewood, I'd be wanting to keep that money, it soon adds up!!

that would be £100 lost to me in a week in high season,

but when you are rushed and working 2 jobs its a tough call to make, especially when trying to get to a bank to stick the cheques and cash in.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he didnt say anything about the website seemed to be harping on about my ebay add. Just seems to be a pleb thats not selling anything. He will be having some of my customers this week, the timing belt snapped on the van today so it wont be going anywhere for a week or two :( Nightmare mate!

And that comment doesnt slag people off that sell builders bags, but theres alot of people around here that have a builders bag in there picture and call them ton builders bags and say it as a "cubic metre" as you probably know!

dont think its cwmbran logs, hes from duffryn and doesnt have a website or anything. Cwmbran logs are a community enterprise thing arnt they?!

Yea its really good, alot more customers are using it now. they do a chip and pin machine for it now too. It works out 2.7% so not too bad. Was thinking of charging to use it but we will see how it goes.

Do you have anything to pull a tipping trailer if you do should be able to hire one in for the week for £100 -£150

i know of the guy from duffryn, I can a very big inconvenience to his business than he can be to yours, he's not the sharpest tool in the box!!!

his problem is for a long time he was the only one in the area that was selling on ebay, theres now loads, its not his main income and he does everything the hard way, Ive not met him, but the boys tell me what hes like when they drop stuff off to him

My very good friend is his main source of raw material, but may not be for long if he carries on like that, and will certainly end in a few months anyway he gets his firewood production up and running.

If he were a clever person, he would realise there is a fair distance between the two of you.

if it were me i would change the comment to...........

""At AJ Firewood we are aware of the confusion of firewood merchants selling "builders bulk bags" of firewood and passing them off as cubic metre loads! The industry standard is to sell by a measured volume, usually a cubic meter.

A builders bag is half a cubic metre and to show you the size difference here is a picture.""

its a bit more pc, but its your site though. :)

one question, how does he know you have a new machine???

Ahh i see, i wondered if he was buying in cord or arb stuff. Would be good if your mate stops supplying him and does it himself!

I like that :) im not the most pc person in the world but that sounds alot better, cheers! :)

I dont know, and im not happy about him knowing, he also said on one of his emails that "the bags you have in your shed dont look like cubic metre bags" and i have never taken a picture of the inside of our shed or any of our bags which are definately cubic metre bags. If i find out hes been snooping around my yard i wont be happy. What does he do as a main job then?! If you know where he operates from pm me, might be handy if anything goes missing! New cctv should tell us if he did it again and i hope next time bruce the german shephard next door is hungry!

Ash, only just looked at this post! I agree with all the comments people have made. I have previously had to deal with bullies as part of my role as a shop steward. Any threat anyone makes against an individual or persons property must be recorded. I would just invite your local community copper around for a chat and give him a copy of the original email and ask him just to make a note in his book and ask him to log a reference for it. I've got someone in the village now selling driftwood as firewood for £60 a cube, told the pub it was air dried and better quality than mine. We are going to buy a cube at the pub then ring trading standards! Three of his customers who were originally mine have now told him to get lost and come back to me, they are now at the back of my list! If you need to know who your local bobby is or want someone to call in let me know I've got contacts in your force area failing that , as Firewoodman knows I grew up on one of the countries roughest estates and I still have a few contacts, I myself am a reformed character.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I had a local contractor come and threaten me over a price the old git and i had put on a job, all mouth and no trousers really the moment i started too start looking at the landrover halfshaft by the back door he naffed off. Also had some woman come and threaten to cut my balls of if i felled another tree on one job, told her shed have to find them first cos it was really cold then went on to mention that if she didnt leaver soon the next tree to fall woiuld be on her head