Being threatened!

ash_smith123

Been in the firewood game for a few years now and as all of you do work my bollocks off to get anywhere. I have never been threatened before for putting an add up on ebay! Not sure what this guys issue is but its bang out of order! first email:

looking at the pics the builders bag doesnt look alot smaller than a cubis metre bag!! try putting them on the same size pallet aswell, im in the firewood game myself and just seems your slagging us and others off aswell selling in the builder bags, a builders bag is 0.8 cube. so if you want to play them games in slagging us off im going to do cubic metre bags for £70 free delivery and take all your custom, think about it before you write it, ps youll have no work for your new machine if you want to play that game,

Second:

fact a builders bag is 750x750x750 and that doesnt make 0.55 cubic metre in my eyes!!!! so you can stop slagging us off, the builders bag in your photo doesnt look half the size of the other one, ill give you a couple of days to sort this or ill make sure you dont get to use your new machine often thanks

On my add on ebay i have put a picture of a cubic metre bag and a builders bag next to each other, and it does look pretty much half the size. Just to show people the difference. Not trying to slag anyone off but the amount of phone calls i have to explain to people ours isnt a "ton bag" and what a cubic metre is i just thought it might save myself some hassle.

Now this guys cheaper than me, thats fair enough he can charge what he likes but to email someone threatening them with doing something to my machine that iv worked extremely hard to get is beyond me!

OK, you have obviously been in this industry for some time and know your target area well and have a very detailed understanding of your competition, you have gone into great detail to explain the market differences in your products and the products to which your competitor is aiming to sell, in spite of your clarification your competitor has continued to object in a most unprofessional way and threatened to willfully damage your machinery at great cost to your self, my advice is to inform him that you are in a position to execute a Ritual (Gypsy curse) and that if his threatening behavior continues to persist you will exercise your supernatural powers through the aid of an evil wood spirit (Chalara fraxinea) to resolve the issue. Hope that helps :thumbup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, he just emailed saying "youll find 750x750x750 makes 0.75 cubic metre dick head" .......

I can get nearly 5 of those bags in my 2cu metre tipped load. Really annoying when people make out those bags are the same size. Even more annoying when they argue the toss and cant even add up. The 800mm bags look tiny the 750mm must be like barrow bags.

The chap sounds like a total tosser but if you run out of stock every nov/dec....surely you don't have a viable business?

I just dont have enough time to process anymore than i am now to the honest. We bought a processor in june last year so was too late to get aload of stuff cut and ready for the winter. We are stocking up alot more this summer. But surely a business wouldnt be viable if i had 500 cube sat there not selling?! Rather than having 500 cube of seasoned and selling it within 3 months? After the seasoned has gone people buy alot of unseasoned, so we still tick over.

I just dont have enough time to process anymore than i am now to the honest. We bought a processor in june last year so was too late to get aload of stuff cut and ready for the winter. We are stocking up alot more this summer. But surely a business wouldnt be viable if i had 500 cube sat there not selling?! Rather than having 500 cube of seasoned and selling it within 3 months? After the seasoned has gone people buy alot of unseasoned, so we still tick over.

You are right. For years we sold 250 tonnes a year. The year I planned to do 500 tonnes I did not have the time as we were making kindling. I produced 150 tonnes and was kicking myself until we had that mild winter and sold 75 tonnes what a lucky escape. Running logs as side line and running out early makes a lot of sense. If some of your customer go elsewhere for their last load of the winter they will more than likely get wet rubbish and come back to you the following year and stock up.

Been in the firewood game for a few years now and as all of you do work my bollocks off to get anywhere. I have never been threatened before for putting an add up on ebay! Not sure what this guys issue is but its bang out of order! first email:

looking at the pics the builders bag doesnt look alot smaller than a cubis metre bag!! try putting them on the same size pallet aswell, im in the firewood game myself and just seems your slagging us and others off aswell selling in the builder bags, a builders bag is 0.8 cube. so if you want to play them games in slagging us off im going to do cubic metre bags for £70 free delivery and take all your custom, think about it before you write it, ps youll have no work for your new machine if you want to play that game,

Second:

fact a builders bag is 750x750x750 and that doesnt make 0.55 cubic metre in my eyes!!!! so you can stop slagging us off, the builders bag in your photo doesnt look half the size of the other one, ill give you a couple of days to sort this or ill make sure you dont get to use your new machine often thanks

On my add on ebay i have put a picture of a cubic metre bag and a builders bag next to each other, and it does look pretty much half the size. Just to show people the difference. Not trying to slag anyone off but the amount of phone calls i have to explain to people ours isnt a "ton bag" and what a cubic metre is i just thought it might save myself some hassle.

Now this guys cheaper than me, thats fair enough he can charge what he likes but to email someone threatening them with doing something to my machine that iv worked extremely hard to get is beyond me!

Well I've had someone like this before from eBay and I reported him to eBay and they shut his account down straight away for threatening me. This would surely slow his sales down.... :thumbup:

This guy sounds a right tosser but no one seems to have mentioned the perfect cure. It is called a bag of 6'' nails and a hammer.

1). Find where he operates from.

2). Observe the length of processed wood.

3) Only select un-processed wood.

4) Drive Nails into wood at distances that correspond to log length on a 45 degree angle.

5). Retire to a safe distance from operation.