Done again

Wolfie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its all happen to much now i blame the government since they stopped the cash in the scarp metal game gypo's are looking for quick cash saws and stuff they can sell quick or there going into the tree game/ landscaping as you can get cash of customers why buy tools steal them much more profit thanks you gov i would rather them steal my scarp metal than my tools

littlerob, I respectfully disagree with your opinion about where much if not all of the stolen property is ending up. Although I have not been a member of AT for very long I am and shall remain convinced that organized crime is the main driving force behind so much theft. The amount of money raised by stealing metal is limited to supply and demand, same for saws and other kit.

The main difference is stealing a finished product for immediate sale out of the country as opposed to stealing metal and having to deal with a paper trail and in most cases metal is sometimes more dirty and cumbersome to transport.

It seems to me from the other side of the pond that the Police are either understaffed or under budgeted in the UK. Apathy and political correctness are rampant on either side of the Atlantic, I believe all of the above are contributing factors for the many thefts that occur and remain unsolved crimes.

Based on conversations I have had with many members about this subject it may only be safe to keep all of your hand held kit locked up where you sleep every night. At least you might have a better chance keeping what you own longer.

easy-lift guy

Thanks for the words guys. He's probably just lost another £3500 worth of tools. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to call it a day like Mr Waugh.

If this crime-wave isn't cracked down on soon, one day they will get caught in the act and blood will be spilt.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Thanks for the words guys. He's probably just lost another £3500 worth of tools. It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to call it a day like Mr Waugh.

If this crime-wave isn't cracked down on soon, one day they will get caught in the act and blood will be spilt.

HI WOLF there taking large cord down here now mate i hope sort it out soon mate jon

i know the scrap metal trade well i have a friend who owned a scrap yard ans still have other scarp yards befor government brought out new legislation 85% of his trade would be cash in hand and about 70% be gypsies all that was require was a name and a reg of any motor and if you had two ton of copper on a transit at £3900 a ton he would just say name reg his your cash sir could of even been a fake name and reg on your way now he have to take a pic of driver next to motor showing reg a utility bill photo id from that person and then pay by cheuqe or direct into bank account his trade is down about 55% since the new legislation

Dad's lock-up just been done over again. 5 replaced saws and at least 3 old ones (two i gave him).

South Cambridgeshire.

Really sorry that this has happened, there but the grace of.... go the rest of us.

The method of returning for the replacements is very common. Within equestrian, the theives wait untill the insurance/parents replace saddles etc then go back for a batch of new.

Maybe we should 'camp' at a scene and give them a party on their return trip!

Again sorry to hear of the theft.

as easy lift guy said they are nicking more than like to order. any stuff worth a bit will have been shipped other side of country or abroad. no help to you a small glimmer. you say you had 5 new saws. the firm you bought them from did they chip them with your id on. some of the new saws have chips which when you buy the dealer puts your details on againt saw. when it is serviced they know who saw it is and how much work it has done. its a glimmer but if they have. let police know there chipped.

if these saws now are coming chipped should be a database like cesar if they do get nicked inform them its put out anyone taking a saw in to have something done gets flagged up may not ever go in a workshop. but may be picked up by police who can scan it. something got to be done. its out of control.