Project Transit.

Frank

Now I see, free sides and I know where your coming from with the overloading potential. What weight do you think you are at with the load shown in the picture above?

The drop down sides are the bits that seem to rattle on mine, only if I clean out all the last dregs of chip though. That doesn't seem to happen very often though. The back of mine is currently full to the top of the drop down sides with snow.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a nice job there :thumbup1:

Just wondering why most peeps decide to cut the corners off the back of the sides so they slope?

So they

a) dont catch the chipper spout when you have the chipper at an angle to the truck

and

b) so you don't wallop yourself on them when unloading logs/gear/anything else

So they

a) dont catch the chipper spout when you have the chipper at an angle to the truck

and

b) so you don't wallop yourself on them when unloading logs/gear/anything else

Ahh right.

Our truck just has straight sides (8x4 steel) never had any probs with the shoot or throwing gear off.

Each to there own and whatever works best to suit :thumbup1:

Just see a lot of trucks with the corners chopped and wondered.

I was stuck with what I had, but I actually think I would have cut the sloped them aswell haha. Just for the look.

when i had a transit my fabricator told me the angle at the back was a lot stronger than a square edge, i had a extended angled back door before i had a chipper, you could cram loads in and it it tipped like a cylage trailer.:001_smile:

Just wondering why most peeps decide to cut the corners off the back of the sides so they slope?

When you blow chip into the back, it will make a rounded pile, not a block with a right angle corner.

It would take a lot more work to put a radius on the side, so you just chop of the corner.

corner off saves tipping in to a ball or garage as well

Truck looks really good

is that mesh on the bulkhead and if so does chip not spill through

yeah it is mesh on bulkhead and roof, holes are small enough that only a bit of dust gets through, was basically jammed together with anything that i could lay my hands on, haha,

Total cost...................approx £125

3 sheets of ply would be £90 ish.

When you blow chip into the back, it will make a rounded pile, not a block with a right angle corner.

It would take a lot more work to put a radius on the side, so you just chop of the corner.

Yeah thats right, and a curved side would look daft.