Have you ever seen anyone climb with just ONE rope???

jnoon

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao Tony :thumbup:

maybe coz I'm in my mid fourties now , and maybe its because I dont hold a massive amount of classroom time that would have bombarded my single brain cell anyway ,

BUT in my simple mind it seems to me things now ,, are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........ too complicated

WTf would some of these guys do without all their gadgets & gizmos

Iain

my sentiments too one rope one flipline job done.

must work im still here :001_tt2:

I was subcontracting, on tuesday to a new bloke, his main climber was using just one main 45m line with a prussik,

he is a extremly good climber with years and years of climbing experience and previous to his 20+ years of tree work clibed rock & ice,

He is off to Morrocco next week for a two week stint of rock climbing, so you get my point a very experienced climber,

but...

obviously if you only have one rope evrytime you change anchor point you are effectivly dissconnected from the tree meaning if you slipped or whatever its possibly game over:confused1:

i asked him why he climbs this way and sometimes he does use a second small strop or flipline but moat of the time just one line.

im just curious if anyone else climbs like this or has seen anyone climb like this?

thanks

josh

It's the only way I've ever climbed. Just make sure you're safe when you disconnect and pull through to change anchor point.

lmao, sounds like an all too often repeated thing! I am stunned at the level some of these gear junkies take it to. would love to take a gang of young guns back to the late 80's 90's show em a multiplate rope without a friction hitch a metal 20t and see how they get on oldschool fashion!:lol:

I don't climb much these days, only on my own trees usually. My harness has no leg loops, my 14mm multiplait has a few nicks and a prussik on each end. I use a metal 020 av and a zubat, both strung from a 3 strand stop.

I've never had a fall or what I would call an accident even now I'm 46 and heavier than I'd wish to be...

You young pups... :001_tt2:

Many moons ago guy would climb with no ropes at all. And cut with a bow saw? Not my idea of safety and you wouldn't catch me doing that, lets just hope these so called best climbers don't slip! Even the most experienced climbers can have accidents!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

back in the dark ages, mid 70's, the only rope I had was the one I used to pull the saw up after I had freeclimbed to the crotch where I was going to start cutting from. It took a lot of years and an interest in rockclimbing before I moved onto a single rope and prussics, a lanyard round the main trunk or a large limb acted as a belay, and I still use a similar system to this day, its done me well for more years than I care to remember, and I'm not loaded down with non essential shiny junk thats not needed