Best nail gun ever.

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll come clean....we tried pulling it off and it wouldn't budge so called for an ambulance as we thought they could numb it a bit but the emergency dispatcher assumed I was 'trapped' so sent the fire brigade. They thought it was hilarious and it got them out of cleaning duties for an hour.

One of them said I shouldn't get so attached to my work!

A couple of weeks after we had a gorse fire out of control (not my fault!) and the same crew turned up. They asked the same question as you Old Mill

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Quickload QL90.

From what I can tell it's a very close copy of the Paslode IM350. It looks the same and fires the same nails, it's just black instead.

It was £279+VAT and for the relatively small amount of fencing I do I feel the price is right. PLus it has a warranty and the dealer is 1 mile away.

We will use it next week so I'll report after it's first day.

I bought a Quickload QL90.

From what I can tell it's a very close copy of the Paslode IM350. It looks the same and fires the same nails, it's just black instead.

It was £279+VAT and for the relatively small amount of fencing I do I feel the price is right. PLus it has a warranty and the dealer is 1 mile away.

We will use it next week so I'll report after it's first day.

I dont know about black as a colour, you could loose it in long grass:001_smile:Hope it goes well, I love my orange one and they are an awesome gadget to have!

I've just bought a Silverline 50mm brad nailer/stapler for £30. That paid for itself in time saved on the first job (only a few larchlap panels). So I've treated myself to a Silverline 90mm framing nailer for £90. It's a beast!

I had a 6l / 1.5HP Wolf compressor knocking around so I dusted it off. Very portable, and gives 15 shots before refill with the brad nailer, and four with the framing nailer, both set to full power. For big jobs, I will take the 50l compressor out of the workshop and leave it on site. I have plenty of air hose, so all in all very pleased I bought them.

I'm waiting to see what the 65mm nails run like through the big one, I'm hoping to get away without having to buy the middle size gun!

I've just bought a Silverline 50mm brad nailer/stapler for £30. That paid for itself in time saved on the first job (only a few larchlap panels). So I've treated myself to a Silverline 90mm framing nailer for £90. It's a beast!

I had a 6l / 1.5HP Wolf compressor knocking around so I dusted it off. Very portable, and gives 15 shots before refill with the brad nailer, and four with the framing nailer, both set to full power. For big jobs, I will take the 50l compressor out of the workshop and leave it on site. I have plenty of air hose, so all in all very pleased I bought them.

I'm waiting to see what the 65mm nails run like through the big one, I'm hoping to get away without having to buy the middle size gun!

They look interesting may treat myself to one :001_smile:

Just ordered a 50mm one and nails to give it a try on featherboard.

Woah, did you get the nailer/stapler or just the nailer? Only a few pounds between them.

Staples are more effective at holding closeboard on. If you haven't got the combined model, then I suggest you change the order for the sake of a couple of quid. :thumbup1: