My first forestry job

Tom Cook

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we tend to skid out our timber using a tracked chipper, that works well too

Ah yeah never thought of that!

Just wandering how you price a job like that? I am looking to do more forestry jobs and have a small thinning job i need to price up. Great work with the system your using to pull the wood out btw!

Well that was what I was wondering when I was looking at the job at first! But I decided in the end to do the job for the timber. This was better as well due to it being a national trust site as the amount they would pay would be nothing compared to the value of the timber! But for you really I would say just work out the cost for you overall and then add profit it's the most simple way! Haha cheers mate it's working an absolute dream!

Some more pics of today's work

We have pretty cleared our first section of woodland which has been an eye opener as its taking a little longer than expected but that is due to more volume of timber than expected!

[ATTACH]113374[/ATTACH]

Manual stacking!

[ATTACH]113375[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1360095121.638320.jpg.0237ff12b2d9b38b6c1dffbfdd95a489.jpg

The beast!!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1360095144.388888.jpg.b840f50112a0fd1b155a800718039323.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Just wandering how you price a job like that? I am looking to do more forestry jobs and have a small thinning job i need to price up. Great work with the system your using to pull the wood out btw!

You normally pay!!! For the standing timber!

Propper Axe Man you are mate.

How many Ton,have you extracted? 2 or even 3?

:lol:

Looks a interesting job , be worth getting someone else in with a crane or skidder if doing the whole block .

Yeah it's great just slow progress due to manual handling everything as we only have saws, a 4x4 and trailer.

You normally pay!!! For the standing timber!

Yeah I was lucky really as its a reasonably small plot it wasn't feasible to pay for the standing timber but it also means I can take my time doing the job!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App