Whisky

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was an early starter, my dad used to put a splash of whisky in our tea/coffee if we had been out working in the cold weather, but after an optics race while I was on YTS during which I consumed a very large amount of whitehorse and passed out on the sofa in the caravan on a night when it went down to -5 and woke up with no feeling below my neck I didnt touch the stuff for years :laugh1: but last year got presented by my mum with a load of bottles that I had been given as tips etc over the years that I'd left behind when I moved out, so I'm slowly getting back into it, treated myself to a bottle of Tullamore Dew at xmas, thats a nice smooth irish one, one I do like which isnt directly whisky is Innis & Gunn beer which is brewed in whisky barrels and is highly recommended :thumbup:

Here's one that I was involved with. I made the stoppers from the cask and laser engraved the cask number onto the circumference. The oak block is quite big and has metal lettering stuck on the front and the block was spray lacquered. The tolerances for all dimensions is +/- 0.3mm.

The only snag is the price - at £3000 a bottle its a bit pricey! It has just won the best design award at the world whisky design awards.

597664214688c_theGlenrothesphoto1.JPG.5ef3b57ee41937a3c6a50bc61df7faa0.JPG

59766421449e5_theGlenrothes.JPG.b58aea6a0d88a44f25ffd3de9a7a2f60.JPG