Talisker

Glenfiddich special reserve and a 12 year single malt

Glenlivet single malt

Glenmorangie

Arberlour

Bruchladdich

Glen moray

Ben Nevis single malt

And from Ireland a selection of offerings from the good people at Bushmills ( may god smile of them all)

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 year old Speyside and a 15 year old Glengoyne sat in the cupboard just now. Do prefer the Speyside malts to the Islay ones. Not a fan of tcp.

A couple of drops of water are expected to release more of the flavour. Sacrelige is coke or other such mixers. Those are for the blends such as Bells or Famous Grouse.

If you're ever up this neck of the woods on a whisky tour give me a shout Dean. Drove past a load of those named today after a callout for a tree over in Dulnain Bridge.

Top tip. If you want to avoid the headache, don't drink anything other than whisky on the night.

Living beside Bushmills,

I feel oblidged to support the Scottish Whisky industry.

Well I did all those years when they couldnay give the stuff away (hint distilleries were closing), and it was therefore heavily discounted to the Supermarket outlets, £25.00/litre for good brand name malts = yum yum

Now its bloody fashionable its getting to be a pricy "fix".

But prefer Speyside to Orkney.

Still actually like bog standard plain old ordinary everyday Bushmills:thumbup:

And always with a wee drap o tap watter, from the headwaters o the Bush river of course.

Cos our tap water comes from Altnahinch dam.

Ya boo sucks tey the rest o ye an yer ould bottled watter.

Balvennie doublewood mate £23.00 at Tescos in Brighouse .

Cheers Reidy

If you're ever up this neck of the woods on a whisky tour give me a shout Dean. Drove past a load of those named today after a callout for a tree over in Dulnain Bridge.

Top tip. If you want to avoid the headache, don't drink anything other than whisky on the night.

Will do Jim and thanks for the tip, I,m bad on hangovers :001_smile:

I don't really go for Scottish whiskey but Irish whiskey is more pleasant, a little smoother and more sweet.....

really?????!!!!!!!!!!!! always thought irish whisky was a bit like paint stripper meself :lol::lol:

had the same thing myself when I wis younger I drank whisky straight from about 14 till one fateful Hogmanay at 17 when I got truly trolleyed on a half bottle of vodka to start 3 different types of whisky all night then two 70cl bottles of blue wkd at the end of it gave myself alcohol poisoning and had the worst hangover of my life even now the smell makes me queasy :blushing:

iv got a bottle of this stashed away ,had it 6yrs ,so it must be getting better with age , a bit like me then :laugh1:

hello,

Hate to disappoint, but whisky ages in the cask, not the bottle. However it may go up in value with age as the stock diminishes & hence becomes scarce to acquire.

N

Living beside Bushmills,

I feel oblidged to support the Scottish Whisky industry.

Well I did all those years when they couldnay give the stuff away (hint distilleries were closing), and it was therefore heavily discounted to the Supermarket outlets, £25.00/litre for good brand name malts = yum yum

Now its bloody fashionable its getting to be a pricy "fix".

But prefer Speyside to Orkney.

Still actually like bog standard plain old ordinary everyday Bushmills:thumbup:

And always with a wee drap o tap watter, from the headwaters o the Bush river of course.

Cos our tap water comes from Altnahinch dam.

Ya boo sucks tey the rest o ye an yer ould bottled watter.

You should try SCAPA its from Orkney and totally different to highland park. More like a highland/speyside malt.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2