Rock machinery stump grinder

Drayton tree care

1 minute ago, rookery said:

Ok,  Thinking of buying one but surely someone has got the new one, Someone must be able to review it on here. Please,Please

Just read the old reviews. Only difference I can see is new throttle level (old one was awful so thats a bonus- had my one tied off at max revs permanently) and a key start. Basically it'll earn you money (mine paid form itself in 2 months), needs to be sharp or takes forever and teeth are bit pricey and take half hour or so to swap. Oh and the brake is rubbish unless been changed, either too tight and stuck on or doesn't work!

I've had one for about eight months and I'm quite impressed with it - you do have to get pretty physical with it - and the cutters need to be sharp - not figured out how to change them for better/cheaper teeth yet !

The brake is crap,the throttle cable has snapped,and most bizzarely the exhaust fell off because one of the studs had sheared ! spoke to Rock,who said speak to local B&S outfit,did this but they were very sceptical about getting it through as a warrenty claim  - said I'd be charged if they didn't wear it,so did it myself in the end.

Good for small conifer stumps,did a 20 inch beech with it once,that was a work out - never again

4 minutes ago, smiles said:

Good for small conifer stumps,did a 20 inch beech with it once,that was a work out - never again

Did a few of those even bigger too. Gave up thinking it's worth doing with this grinder so bought a bigger one. Much quicker and happier now!

• 2 years later...

sorry to bump an old thread but currently I hire a fsi b20 which is a great machine but (A) its awkward and heavy to get on the back of the truck (B) its almost overkill on some jobs and (C) its way out of my price range.

not looking at 6 ft beech stumps but small to medium stuff, what's the verdict on the current version of these? yay or nay

11 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

The SGR 33 looks alright for 2 grand would be the one I would go for.

Could you enlighten us as to what experience and qualifications a window cleaner has regarding stump removal?
That way we will know that we are learning from the best rather than listening to a bag of wind. 🤔

• Like 2

I can't help it if I'm popular and know plenty of business folk. That's how my business is booming having plenty of contacts in the Rotary Club. [emoji11]

Was it the same businessmen that convinced you to part with £5000 for a course in stocks and shares? No wonder they all want to be your friend.....
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

The best 5 grand I have ever spent in my life. Money comes to knowledge that's the reason I'm rich. My relative put £250k in a trust fund decades ago and is still under the 250 because all they do is take fees for the pleasure but if he understood it all then it would have put it in National Savings account. 😉 I need bitter folk like you because it drives me on to make more and spend more. This time next year Rodney I'll be a millionaire or Scottishtreesurgeons.com will be flourishing. That's what happened with the windy cleaning when I joined the forum now they just leave me alone and actually ask me for advice, same will happen here. 😜 I'm waiting for a delivery or I would be out turning over a coin or two. 😘

You crack me up. I think good old fashioned trolls add a lot to a forum. I know a lot of the members don't get it and take what you write at face value but as I said, you crack me up. Keep doing what you are doing. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Ant-h83 said:

sorry to bump an old thread but currently I hire a fsi b20 which is a great machine but (A) its awkward and heavy to get on the back of the truck (B) its almost overkill on some jobs and (C) its way out of my price range.

not looking at 6 ft beech stumps but small to medium stuff, what's the verdict on the current version of these? yay or nay

To get us back on track, the rock machinery grinder has a good reputation, however if you can justify the cost go for one with a turntable your body will thank you:

WWW.PREDATOR-MFG.COM

The perfect entry level tree stump grinder. With a central pivot, the Predator 360 makes a tough job quick and easy. Remove tree stumps between 2 - 3 times faster than a generic...

The other option on a budget is this:

• Like 1