Husqvarna battery top handle in stock

Jonesie

Surely you charge off the chipper. Through a converter

The idea is certainly nice but would be a luxury for pruning IMO as would not replace a petrol one and tbh most pruning nearly as quick with a decent silky

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battery power tools have revolutionised the carpentry/joinery industry the secret is plenty of interchangeable batteries that fit a number of tools. Charge all the batteries up at home at the end of the day ready for the next days work. There is a place in my building, carpentry and arborcuture work for petrol, mains power and battery tools/equipment.

if we take eletricty at 15p kWh (1 unit)

2 Stroke mix at £1.40 per litre

a Husky T435 has a fuel capacity of 260ml so cost about 36.4p per full fill

the T536 battery has a power capacity of about 108Wh so cost probaly less than 2p per charge but the battery can only take so number of disharge and charges lets say 2000 cycles it will (cost new £145 inc vat) costs 7.25p in terms of the cost of replacing the the battery on top of the power cost

so it is still a bigger differance than i realised between battery and fuel lets just see how long it acully last per charge

Edited by NI Tree

if we take eletricty at 15p kWh (1 unit)

2 Stroke mix at £1.40 per litre

a Husky T435 has a fuel capacity of 260ml so cost about 36.4p per full fill

the T536 battery has a power capacity of about 108Wh so cost probaly less than 2p per charge but the battery can only take so number of disharge and charges lets say 2000 cycles it will (cost new £145 inc vat) costs 7.25p in terms of the cost of replacing the the battery on top of the power cost

so it is still a bigger differance than i realised between battery and fuel lets just see how long it acully last per charge

Or whether it is still kicking it on the 2000th charge

i agree, could you charge it of the chipper, though may not have the chipper on long enough to get a full charge. Even so its a potential option, or just charge your batteries over night and top up on the way to the job

I currently do a lot of street trees such as large london plane strips, sometimes there can be 3 or even 4 people up on tree and the noise even without the chipper is deafening, communication between climbers and groundsmen is nigh on impossible unless your blessed with the voice of a Regimental Sergeant Major. Add on top of this London background noise and a chipper running constantly, you could raise the dead.

I really look forward to seeing how this saw performs in the real world, and if the technology does take of then things will only get better.

As for battery prices the cheapest petrol in my area is apparently 128.9p/litre therefore a 5L can is £6.40 add on a few pence for 2 stroke now if the battery lasts more than the equivalent of 113 litres then you are onto a winner.

How much fuel do you use a day in your toppers now? and of that fuel how much is wasted idling between cuts?

Or whether it is still kicking it on the 2000th charge

very true that the problem :lol: the uncernity and it not like power tool were bateries do lots of tools so it harder to justify:thumbdown:

i wood like to see one pitch it againt a 201T cutting and up a tree timeing how long they acultly cutting ad compair the differance

very true that the problem :lol: the uncernity and it not like power tool were bateries do lots of tools so it harder to justify:thumbdown:

i wood like to see one pitch it againt a 201T cutting and up a tree timeing how long they acultly cutting ad compair the differance

I think this is would be a better comparison against the 192t or 25cc husky top handles.

Think there was a guy from Holland using it, he was talking about it on Treebuzz I think, he seemed very impressed with it and he has put up a few videos, one which was on a small oak tree, from the videos it seemed pretty good. He reckons he can get by on 2 batteries a day

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNXWCcaiVyo&list=UUKsYU45G1UAcZjkgV8BPHCg&index=1]Husqvarna T536 LiXp on a small oak.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]