L200 advice

jose

thank u very much for the advice.

manual hubs i guess is when u manually switch it down on the wheels. (use to do this on my brothers old mk1 hilux)

cheers

Aye that's the one:thumbup1: I thought they were a pita as you've to get out and get cold/wet but some say there better as it's one less mechanical thing to go wrong. ( my reply was it's not a landy:laugh1: I'm now away to take cover ready for the incoming)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You shouldn't need manual/automatic hubs because you can drive them using just the rear wheels. has it got a cover for the back because the wind drag on the tail gate will drop your mpg. I did a run up to a place near Lockerbie (600 mile round trip)last year with the equivalent weight of three adults, kept it at around 2000 revs and got there and back on a full tank, did a further 25 miles before the fuel warning light came on.(this gives me a further 70 miles at around 35mpg) the computer said i was getting about 48mpg on the motorway.:biggrin:

I've had 3! Modified one in to the back of a brand new BMW. Best one of the lot): then was skint so bought a "cheap one" witch the head went on, there renowed for it. Now number 3 runs beautiful, "touch wood" they've all been 52plates with 100k on. Brilliant work horses and go anywere with the right tyres. All of them when I bought them I got the cambelt Done to give me abit out peace of mind! Go on treat your self!

Is that new or old shape? I've a new shape (B40) one and its great up to 40MPG on a run but will average out around 30 through a normal tank with a mix of quoting and heavy towing and now with BFG ATs it's quite capable off road. Don't know a lot about the older ones except that they like a drink

Hi mate,

Just bought a 2005 L200 Club cab with 96k on. It's a 2 door but with 4 decent seats as it's used for work and Dad's taxi!!! It's ex Environment Agency with service history as long as the Old Testament - very detailed so I'm well chuffed. Got BFG all terrains and really does go anywhere loaded and unloaded.

The turning circle isn't brilliant but it is a working vehicle that earns good money so no worries there. Fuel economy is 32 mpg generally if you stay off the turbo as much as poss and better on a run. Imo it's perfect for my work/family purposes but it's horses for courses. Can't beat a Land Rover off road and for pulling power but they don't suit my needs for a family/work all rounder,wish I'd bought one years ago.

Cheers Jose,

Jamie

:thumbup1:

My subbie bought a 53 plate when it was about 7 years old with 24,000 miles mint condition. Luckily it had mitsubishi used warranty as the engine let go and took out the flywheel clutch and gearbox. 5k to repair when it came back nasty noises from clutch area and 3 months later the engine ecu went. This is only my opinion but when I bought a new double cab I tried a few and the L200 was bottom of my list as it felt 20 years behind the rest even the mazda was better and it was a third cheaper. I bought a navarra but should have spent the extra 3 k and bought the hilux which was ten times the quality.