Me,myself and I

Deeco

Hello arbtalkers !! I have been lurking around for a while so thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Declan I'm from central Scotland and I'm the ripe old age of 16. I have always wanted to work out doors and I decided I was going to be a tree surgeon when I was nine. When I was 13 i started a work experience placement with a landscaping company which continued until the end of last year. Just before last summer I was lucky enough to get another placement with a tree company :D. After a couple of weeks the schools broke up for the summer and I worked most of it with the same company And decided the arb world was definitely for me. Whilst on holiday in Mallorca during the summer I managed to get a days work with a tree surgeon who told me to come back anytime so I went back and worked for a week in October and loved every minute of it. As soon as I got home i started planning for my next trip over and decided I was going to make it permanent if it was possible so I fly out on the 20th :o. I will be staying with my aunt and uncle until I find my feet and if everything goes well get my own place in a couple of months. I plan to return home do my tickets as and when I can afford them and when my age permits it (my main problem these days).

In Mallorca there is no health and safety ( I will be the only one with PPE ! ) so I will be needing advice on good practice and what kit to buy etc. My plan is to work all over the world to gain as much experience as possible my second stop hopefully being Scandinavia.

Anyway better stop rambling that's me in brief any questions ask away

Thanks Declan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello arbtalkers !! I have been lurking around for a while so thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Declan I'm from central Scotland and I'm the ripe old age of 16. I have always wanted to work out doors and I decided I was going to be a tree surgeon when I was nine. When I was 13 i started a work experience placement with a landscaping company which continued until the end of last year. Just before last summer I was lucky enough to get another placement with a tree company :D. After a couple of weeks the schools broke up for the summer and I worked most of it with the same company And decided the arb world was definitely for me. Whilst on holiday in Mallorca during the summer I managed to get a days work with a tree surgeon who told me to come back anytime so I went back and worked for a week in October and loved every minute of it. As soon as I got home i started planning for my next trip over and decided I was going to make it permanent if it was possible so I fly out on the 20th :o. I will be staying with my aunt and uncle until I find my feet and if everything goes well get my own place in a couple of months. I plan to return home do my tickets as and when I can afford them and when my age permits it (my main problem these days).

In Mallorca there is no health and safety ( I will be the only one with PPE ! ) so I will be needing advice on good practice and what kit to buy etc. My plan is to work all over the world to gain as much experience as possible my second stop hopefully being Scandinavia.

Anyway better stop rambling that's me in brief any questions ask away

Thanks Declan

I wish I had your conviction and positive attitude when I was your age ! I would have made more of my life . You will; go far my friend I have no worries on that score . Welcome by the way .:thumbup1: