Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Keep us informed if you have any more findings,the more you use it:thumbup:

My findings so far.....

It was really comfy straight away but since messing with the adjustment a bit more last week it is now sitting on my head very nicely.

The chin strap is easier to adjust than a Petzl because the adjusters are up inside the helmet at the attachment points and you can fiddle with all four ends. Also, it can't slacken off at the buckle like the usual designs can.

The ear muffs are a nice surprise. They are pressure adjustable against your head but I have not fiddled with this (yet) because despite the muffs feeling useless when they first seal round the ears, they actually block sound extremely well.

The ventilation! The biggest area of sensible discussion!

I noticed from the start that there is no condensation building up inside the helmet.

Last week I switched to and from the Petzl and Protos twice a day on three seperate days and every time I took the Petzl off the inside was wet with condensation. None at all was evident on the Protos.

To conclude, the comfort elements are just my opinion however, the safety and ventilation are irrefutable.

I honestly don't know if I find the Protos comfier than the Petzl but if it's safer and cooler, in my opinion it is a much better helmet.

(Sorry Petzl)

Yes, hygiene kits are available and very simply replaced. The outer shells are also available as spare parts too. See Protos Accessories.

Protos Integral Forest comes with the standard G16 visor (16 notches per sq cm) with the finer mesh F39 visor (39 notches per sq cm) available for those working with finer sawdust. The visibility through the F39 visor is also better, almost unobscured. :001_smile: